Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wanabeacnefree

Somewhere to keep track of my regimen

This all is so ecouraging! I just started taking B5 two days ago. I also started taking zinc...

Have you expierenced any upset tummy from taking B5???

Yep, the first few weeks were pretty bad, that's why I added 'side affects' to my log. I found taking the B5 with meals worked better. Also tablets (rather than powder) don't seem to give me diarrhea as much.

Good luck, hope you see great results as I have :dance:

good thing u started taking it with meals, thats how it has to be taken or it isnt absorbed properly, also how many times do u take it? if has to be split up to 3 or 4 times a day, if u didnt know. btw i have never experienced any side effects, and ive been using it around 4months.

tralalalaaaa

good thing u started taking it with meals, thats how it has to be taken or it isnt absorbed properly, also how many times do u take it? if has to be split up to 3 or 4 times a day, if u didnt know. btw i have never experienced any side effects, and ive been using it around 4months.

tralalalaaaa

Yep, I take 3 tablets 3 times a day. What's your dosage atm?

WEEK 14:

SKIN CONDITION: 2 small whiteheads this week, skin feeling smoother and is less red.

SIDE AFFECTS: none

PRODUCTS IN MORNING: Rinse with warm water in shower, exfoliate with baby hairbrush. ASAP moisturiser with 30SFP.

PRODUCTS AT NIGHT: ASAP (glycolic) cleanser, ACV, ASAP moisturiser. Glycolic peel once a week.

B5 DOSAGE: 3 tablets in morning with berocca (B complex), 3 tablets in the afternoon and 3 tablets in the evening. Total = nearly 5 grams per day.

DIET: Only dairy I've had is low fat milk in my coffee's and cheese on the occassional pizza. 3 litres of water a day. Eating more fruit, vegies, salads, fish and less processed foods.

SUMMARY:

Baby hairbrush and ACV probably caused new breakouts, only 2 small whiteheads which are now gone :dance:

Gona keep going with current regimen, it's working well so far since my skin feels smoother and reddness is nearly all gone.

WEEK 14:

...DIET: Only dairy I've had is low fat milk in my coffee's and cheese on the occassional pizza. 3 litres of water a day. Eating more fruit, vegies, salads, fish and less processed foods. ...

May i ask you a question...

I'm finding it hard to split my dose into 4 servings of 5 pills...

Do you think 2 servings of 7 pills and one srving of 6 pills would work ok???

WEEK 14:

...DIET: Only dairy I've had is low fat milk in my coffee's and cheese on the occassional pizza. 3 litres of water a day. Eating more fruit, vegies, salads, fish and less processed foods. ...

Congrats on your success with b5! It's working for me as well after 4 1/2 months of 2 grams per day. I'm curious - have you ever tried a wheat free/gluten free diet?

WEEK 15:

SKIN CONDITION: 2 spots between the eyes, urgh, I'm cyclops again! One I got (squeezed), the other never surfaced. Both are just red marks now. I'm wondering if my scarring is more noticeable now since there are no breakouts to focus on anymore or is it actually getting worse?

PRODUCTS IN MORNING: Rinse with warm water in shower, exfoliate with baby hairbrush. ASAP moisturiser with 30SFP.

PRODUCTS AT NIGHT: ASAP (glycolic) cleanser, ACV, ASAP moisturiser. BP on new spots. Glycolic peel once a week.

B5 DOSAGE: 3 tablets in morning with berocca (B complex), 3 tablets in the afternoon and 3 tablets in the evening. Total = nearly 5 grams per day.

DIET: No changes.

SUMMARY:

Not too sure if Baby Hairbrush and ACV are doing anything? Skin feels smoother but doesn't look smoother :wall:

Had really bad week as far as sleep goes, which I attribute to my skin looking bad this past week.

Got a month off work soon, have to get microdermabrasion treatments done then.

May i ask you a question...

I'm finding it hard to split my dose into 4 servings of 5 pills...

Do you think 2 servings of 7 pills and one srving of 6 pills would work ok???

WEEK 16:

SKIN CONDITION: Scarring. One pustule on my chin. I've had a white lump about an inch under my eye for a couple of months and it has been getting bigger (more raised) the last few weeks. It's not a whitehead, more like a white blister. I've tried squeezing it, but nothing comes out.

PRODUCTS AT NIGHT: ASAP (glycolic) cleanser, exfoliate with baby hairbrush, ACV, ASAP moisturiser. Didn't use glycolic peel this week.

DIET: Had a cheese sandwich midweek - might be the cause of the pustule on chin. Had minimal fruit and veg this week also. Still drank up to 3 litres of water a day.

SUMMARY:

I found that getting more sleep, definately helps my skin. Also, I need to eat more fruit and veg.

Been exfoliating with a baby hairbrush morning and night for the whole week, to see if it improves anything. All I can say at this stage is, it's not any worse.

Still not sure if ACV is doing anything for me.

Looking forward to getting microdermabrasion done in a few weeks time.

This is bullshit! I've got a blinder on the horizon (hude blind pimple beside my nose)! Of course I have a big weekend planned. Bring on the ice, BP, whatever, give me anything!

Starting today I'm upping my dosage by 3 capsules a day which should make my daily dosage about 6 grams.

I'm also gona keep a diary of what I eat, cause this breakout is not normal and I need to get to the bottom of it, urgh!

Okay, rant over now :wall:

WEEK 17:

SKIN CONDITION: Scarring. White lump under eye reducing, I think? Blind pimple beside nose appeared and has almost disappeared, thanks to icing and BP.

SIDE AFFECTS: a little diarrhea due to upping my dosage.

PRODUCTS IN MORNING: Rinse with warm water in shower, exfoliate with baby hairbrush. ASAP moisturiser with 30SFP. BP and ice on blinder beside nose.

PRODUCTS AT NIGHT: ASAP (glycolic) cleanser, exfoliate with baby hairbrush, ACV, ASAP moisturiser. No glycolic peel again. BP and ice on blinder beside nose.

B5 DOSAGE: I've upped my dosage since getting new breakouts last week - 3 tablets in morning with berocca (B complex), 3 tablets in the afternoon, 3 tablets in the early evening and 3 tablets before bed. Total = 6 grams per day.

DIET: Ate more fruit and veg during the week. Saturday and Sunday were bad diet days (see summary below). Still drank up to 3 litres of water a day.

SUMMARY:

Ice and BP really helped stop the blind pimple beside my nose surface. On day 2 it had almost swollen the entire right side of my face! But I iced and BP'ed it every morning and night and it is now a smallish red spot.

I went interstate for the weekend for a friends birthday. Didn't eat very well at all, cheese platters and sweets everywhere, but I only indulged a little in the cheese and sweets. I mainly ate the other finger food - mini quiches, sushi, sausage rolls, spring rolls, etc. Had way too much beer though. Sunday morning we all feasted on a BBQ bacon and egg breakfast, followed by cheese platter and marinated chicken wings for lunch, but had roast lamb with salads for dinner. Although I took my B5, my topical regime did not exist from Saturday night through to Monday morning. Also, one of the teenagers staying at the house had a tube of 'acne derm' in the bathroom which I applied every morning and it seemed to dry it out. I gotta check this product out! Anyway, I had the best weekend and will suffer the consequences later, if there are any. Lifes to short to be so restrictive in these circumstances!!!

WEEK 18:

SKIN CONDITION: Scarring. White lump under eye gone. Got a big spot on side of cheek and little whitehead in eyebrow, both gone now.

SIDE AFFECTS: none although I've been feeling a bit nausious latey (probably not B5 related).

PRODUCTS AT NIGHT: ASAP (glycolic) cleanser, ACV, ASAP moisturiser and BP.

B5 DOSAGE: still on 3 tablets in morning with berocca (B complex), 3 tablets in the afternoon, 3 tablets in the early evening and 3 tablets before bed. Total = 6 grams per day.

DIET: Been keeping a record of what I eat everyday. Nothing unusual, just a couple of naughties (chocolate, pizza, etc) Drank up to 3 litres of water a day.

SUMMARY:

Skin looking and feeling pretty good. No complaints, this week.

Gona try to cut out pizza, chocolate, etc this week, see if I have any new spots, cause these were the only new things eaten last week, maybe causing mini breakout.

Ok, so I must of jinxed myselfby saying I have no complaints this week, as I have a huge spot coming up on my cheek beside my nose. It's sooo swollen and sore. I iced it last night and this morning to no avail :wall: I can almost feel it steadily growing. Of course I have a lunch date tomorrow, which makes it worse :doh: Gotta get more ice...

Howdy!!

I've been reading ur regimen for a while now and just thought i'd pop by to give you my support and wish you the best! :)

Overall though, considering uv been on b5 for so long, has it been worth it for you? Has there been a proper overall improvement do you think?

I'm just wondering coz i'm on 10gms daily and into my 4th week. Skin isn't particular good at the moment coz i had a MASSIVE initial breakout during my 2nd week and i've been recovering from, and fighting that since... just hope it goes away and starts to clear up properly soon!! Hope ur lunch-date 2mrw goes well anyhoo for ya :)

B

Howdy!!

I've been reading ur regimen for a while now and just thought i'd pop by to give you my support and wish you the best! :)

Overall though, considering uv been on b5 for so long, has it been worth it for you? Has there been a proper overall improvement do you think?

I'm just wondering coz i'm on 10gms daily and into my 4th week. Skin isn't particular good at the moment coz i had a MASSIVE initial breakout during my 2nd week and i've been recovering from, and fighting that since... just hope it goes away and starts to clear up properly soon!! Hope ur lunch-date 2mrw goes well anyhoo for ya :)

B

WEEK 19:

SKIN CONDITION: Had spot come up on my right cheek beside my nose which swelled the entire side of my face. I iced and BPed the shit out of it and it popped itself, leaving a blood mark for a few days...bleh!

PRODUCTS IN MORNING: Rinse with warm water in shower, exfoliate with baby hairbrush before getting swollen spot on cheek, haven't used it since Wednesday. ASAP moisturiser with 30SFP.

PRODUCTS AT NIGHT: ASAP (glycolic) cleanser, ACV, ASAP moisturiser and BP.

B5 DOSAGE: still on 3 tablets in morning with berocca (B complex), 3 tablets in the afternoon, 3 tablets in the early evening and 3 tablets before bed. Total = 6 grams per day.

DIET: Since being on holidays I have consumed more beer. Also I went away for a couple of days and overindulged on macas, cheese, etc. Drank 2-3 litres of water a day.

SUMMARY:

I'm anticipating repercussions from a weekend of work xmas party's and a couple of days away drinking, feasting and partying :wall:

Had a shocker with the spot on my cheek, it must of been infected or something to make it swell my whole cheek. It's now just a flat pinkish mark and thankfully disappeared fairly quickly. Phew!

Rest of face is looking pretty good and I'm powering on with avengence with my B5 quest :dance:

WEEK 20:

SKIN CONDITION: pretty good this week.

PRODUCTS AT NIGHT: ASAP (glycolic) cleanser, ACV, BP.

DIET: Not eating very well at all this week. Water consumption has reduced to 1.5 to 2 litres a day.

SUMMARY:

Skin has levelled out again now. Still waiting for repercussions of holiday eating and drinking habits :wall:

WEEK 22:

SKIN CONDITION: Couple of tiny whiteheads and a few tiny bumps around jawline.

SIDE AFFECTS: none.

PRODUCTS IN MORNING: Rinse with warm water in shower, stopped using baby hairbrush. ASAP moisturiser with 30SFP.

PRODUCTS AT NIGHT: rinse face with water. Haven't really used any other products at night in the last week. Ocassionally used toner to get makeup off.

B5 DOSAGE: cut down my dosage again. 3 tablets in morning with berocca (B complex), 3 tablets in the afternoon and 3 tablets in the evening. Total = 4.5 grams per day.

DIET: Been eating 3 meals a day (usually only have 2 - 1 being takeaway) Haven't eaten much fruit, but plenty had of salads and water. Beer consupmtion has increased, though.

SUMMARY:

Haven't eaten much takeaway in the last week or 2 and haven't been using many topical products. I have started taking the pill again and have reduced my B5 intake to 4.5 grams a day. I've had plenty of sun and have been swimming at the beach alot.

Skin is looking fairly clear with only 1 or 2 tiny whiteheads over the last 2 weeks.

It sounds like you're really doing well on the b5!! I'm considering trying it myself ... I've been on the anti-acne diet for 7 weeks and it's done nothing for me, nor have my 2 colon cleanses. Do you still feel good about the B5?

It sounds like you're really doing well on the b5!! I'm considering trying it myself ... I've been on the anti-acne diet for 7 weeks and it's done nothing for me, nor have my 2 colon cleanses. Do you still feel good about the B5?

WEEK 23:

SKIN CONDITION: a few tiny bumps around jawline, I can feel a new spot coming up beside my mouth

SIDE AFFECTS: none.

PRODUCTS IN MORNING: Rinse with warm water in shower. ASAP moisturiser with 30SFP.

PRODUCTS AT NIGHT: rinse face with water.

B5 DOSAGE: 3 tablets in morning with berocca (B-complex), 3 tablets in the afternoon and 3 tablets in the evening. Total = 4.5 grams per day.

DIET: Had a fair bit of cheese this last week. Plenty of salads, no takeaways. 1-2 litres of water a day

SUMMARY:

I haven't used many products on my skin in the last couple of weeks and it seems to be working just fine :dance:

I've eaten a fair bit of cheese this week and can feel a new spot coming up beside my mouth. I reckon the cheese is the culprit of this new spot. I used BP and ice morning and night yesterday and will continue until it goes away and hopefully won't surface.

Skin is looking really clear.

Still haven't done anything about scarring yet - too expensive :wall: But that said, I don't feel my scarring is all that bad anymore.

Mini update:

I have a cyst surfacing beside my nose like the last one, but it's on the other side of my nose this time.

I have iced and BPed it morning and night and taken anti-inflammitary tablets.

It hasn't swollen like the other two did...yet :wall:

I am basically clear of breakouts except for these stupid flare ups of solitary cysts which make half my face swell!

I think they may be hormonal (that time of the month). I'm now back on the pill.

Any suggestions on how to prevent them or how to treat them?