Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im just coming to the end of a 3 week break from school and I spent the whole time not wearing any makeup at all. I have been using BP at night (Acetoxyl) and Retisol-A (Tretinoin) in the morning. There is a huge difference to my skin, I used to have tons of pimples on my jaw and I have almost none, I havent had any new cystic ones hardly at all. I start school again on Tuesday and I have to start wearing makeup again, don't asl why, I just can't leave the house without it, unfortunately. I use mineral makeup, and I was wondering if anyone using BP and a tretinoin or something similar has been seeing good results while still wearing makeup?

Thanks a lot

Just something to keep in mind...mineral makeup makes some people break out. So that could be part of your problem. If you noticed that you were more clear after stopping the mineral makeup you might consider trying another kind of makeup. My friend, who is a pharmacist, says that the makeup that you "buff" into your skin is the worst kind because it really gets into the pores and can increase breakouts. A lot of people do well on mineral makeup, so I'm not saying it's all bad. But just something to consider.

I don't know if this helps or not, but I'm on tretinoin and doxycycline and my dermatologist told me I can put on as much makeup as I want.

Rileynash what kind of Mineral Makeup are you using? I've heard really had reviews for Bare Essentials and really good ones for everyday minerals, you can order free samples of everyday minerals from their website= everydayminerals.com, i ordered some but i'm not wearing makeup either cause i'm on my break :doh:

Rileynash what kind of Mineral Makeup are you using? I've heard really had reviews for Bare Essentials and really good ones for everyday minerals, you can order free samples of everyday minerals from their website= everydayminerals.com, i ordered some but i'm not wearing makeup either cause i'm on my break :doh:

whats buffing them in?

I'm a guy thinking of trying out makeup because retin-A is making my face all red.

But the most I would do would be a concealer.

I think buffing means when you apply a powder with a pad or a brush, it gets buffed onto your skin and can clog your pores. If you do decide to get a concealer, try Vichy Dermablend or a mineral makeup like Physician's Formula, they are less likely to clog your pores and cause more breakouts.

My skin is all red right now too from the Retin-A, so I feel your pain lol.