Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Syntax

Itchy Chin Acne?

Hello, im a 21 year old male. About 9 months ago my chin got a pink spot on it the size of a quarter. It itches most of the time. I have been to the dermatologist and she said it was acne but I don't think so. There is rarely pimples in this spot. I have been on doxycyline for 4 months and tried differin without any success. I have tried Dans Regimen for about a month and it clears up pimples and stuff but no change to this spot, also tried hydrocortazone and that helps a little but does not heal it. I have ruled out EVERYTHING, like oils, foods, pillow, shaving... No facial hair grows on this spot either. I read another post that said if it itches it must be a infection of some kind. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

O yeah I almost forgot. I don't really have acne bad anywhere on my face. Never have. Just the occasional pimples and stuff which aren't as bad sense I stopped drinking pop 5 months ago. Another reason I don't think this is acne.

might be eczema.

did your derm mention this?

what is the texture of the spot? is it raised, or flush with the skin?

might be eczema.

did your derm mention this?

what is the texture of the spot? is it raised, or flush with the skin?

I would have to say flush. my derm is a quack doctor. she looked at it for 2 second and told me thats its acne, im like i dont think so. Then she goes well what do u think it is? I felt like saying how should I know I never went to college for this? Then every time I go in, she says its getting better... yeah bs she just wants more of my money. I have pics from 9 months ago and its the same. heres a couple pics.

thanks for any advise!

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/teamzulu...dscf1093hd8.jpg

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/teamzulu...dscf1092vi8.jpg

definitely a cyst or nodule. i get those all the time but yours might be a sebaceous cyst that may need operating on could ask derm for a cortisone shot to try to deflate it a bit

definitely a cyst or nodule. i get those all the time but yours might be a sebaceous cyst that may need operating on could ask derm for a cortisone shot to try to deflate it a bit

I have been reading up a little. I think it may be Folliculitis. Either Barber's itch or Tinea barbae. I do recall shaving with my razor w/o showering or shaving cream about the time i started I think. And if I pull the skin apart, i can see tiny white dots. It matches with the description of one of these. So either bacteria or fungus. Im going to the doctor Tuesday. Hopfully I can convince him and he gives me something to try. I just can't see the cyst or nodule because there is no bumps under the skin.