Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wow.. I couldn't look through all those pictures.. I got about half way by squinting.. and then I scrolled all the way to the bottom to see the baby..

I feel bad for those people with such severe cases.. My acne isn't that bad and it bothers me every day of my life.. I can't imagine how painful it must be... :(

man that's intense.

I think the only thing worse than having that kind of acne would be your son or daughter having it. That would really tear me up inside

Yea i hope every doctor see that i find a cure for this disease, yea disease called acne.

Acne, as a fellow pointed out, is ruining people's lives. I just can't imagine how load of suffering that people of the pictures are going through.

God bless them all.

Wow. :( Those poor people. I don't think I've ever seen such severe acne before. It's frightening to know it exists. I've never seen that many different kinds either!

And here I am bitching and moaning about how my mild to moderate acne is ruining my life. I can't imagine what those people go through on a daily basis. It really puts things into perspective.

The baby pictures shocked me most of all.

seeing stuff like this almost makes me cry, thinking that i feel so bad about my acne and theres people out there suffering probly 100 fold my ssuffering really makes me feel quite pathetic, vain and like i have no reason not to be living a normal life...all i can say is those people on there are definitly stronger than me for being bold enough to show all that and that people out that with acne this bad find the strength to deal with this.

SORRY TTO RESURECTTHE POST

The babies with acne are surprising, but honestly they won't end up with any scarring. Those pictures of extreme scarring though... those people are disfigured for life. Like the other posts here, makes me soooooo glad for what I have. Its nice to feel that, after stressing about having like 8 pimples.

Wow. Just, wow. I can't get over it. Really an eye opener.

Ahhh I shouldnt have looked. The severe acne on it just reminds me of my past when i used to have severe acne. OMG i cant believe i used to have acne that severe. I just wish i can forget about all those painful memories but i cant. I am so depressed now after looking at it but I am soooo glad i no longer have severe acne.

Poor souls. At the same time, the stratification of society couldn't be any more clear after reading a majority of these posts on this thread. We see their picture and are immediately embedded with empathy and, quite frankly, pity. We offer our condolences and wish them well, but at the same time we see these pictures and immediately find solace in their misery. Complete hypocrisy, a blatant double standard. Since the majority of society who don't suffer from acne were to hypothetically see our pictures, the same emotional state would come into effect. They would realize how lucky they are to have clear skin, and not have to have emotional struggles like we do. These people, though seemingly bestowed with fate's bad hand, are in the same shoes as us, but we prefer to view things in a stratified perspective, because we like the feeling of being in an echelon higher than someone else's. Its unfortunate that some people have to be unmasked this way (on this site), and reveal they don't practice what they preach.

Poor souls. At the same time, the stratification of society couldn't be any more clear after reading a majority of these posts on this thread. We see their picture and are immediately embedded with empathy and, quite frankly, pity. We offer our condolences and wish them well, but at the same time we see these pictures and immediately find solace in their misery. Complete hypocrisy, a blatant double standard. Since the majority of society who don't suffer from acne were to hypothetically see our pictures, the same emotional state would come into effect. They would realize how lucky they are to have clear skin, and not have to have emotional struggles like we do. These people, though seemingly bestowed with fate's bad hand, are in the same shoes as us, but we prefer to view things in a stratified perspective, because we like the feeling of being in an echelon higher than someone else's. Its unfortunate that some people have to be unmasked this way (on this site), and reveal they don't practice what they preach.

quite true!, but layman's terms would work better :P?? :naughty:

These people, though seemingly bestowed with fate's bad hand, are in the same shoes as us, but we prefer to view things in a stratified perspective, because we like the feeling of being in an echelon higher than someone else's.

But what can I do? The sadness I feel for these people is real, but I'm powerless. All I can do is share my true feelings. Depresses the hell out of me.

And your post is any better? You're doing the exact same thing except you're also putting others down for expressing pity.

I doubt highly that the posters here are really expressing solace in misery of others; they're thinking to themselves, Oh my god, it could be so much worse what the hell am I complaining for! That is completely different from being pleased about someone else's misery; the posters are NOT pleased about someone else's misery, merely realizing that his/her own misery could be much worse.

yea wow i got a little up chuck going when i saw the vagina...at least i think thats what i was looking at... jesus ok im gonna beat my face against the wall and try to forget i say some of that.... but on a serious note, some of that didnt even look like acne.