Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DrNeal

Hours of thought and energy....

If your skin was effortlessly clear....., What would you do with the extra 4 plus hours you spend thinking about and playing with your skin.....

What hobbies would you pick up....?

what new skills would you learn.....?

what new adventures would you start....?

Acne is all-consuming for some....... I think it helps to imagine what else you could create with all this massive motivation and passion.....

In my opinion, acne patients are the most motivated people in the world... (I thank my former acne situation sometimes for creating such mental fortitude...)

Well if I didn't have acne I'd probably still clean my face anyway, but it probably wouldn't take as long. So I guess I'd take those extra 5-10 minutes per day and sleep in a bit longer, or do whatever I use doing prior to washing my face 5-10 minutes longer

I'd probably spend my time worrying about some other petty little thing that makes no difference in the long run.

If I could turn this motivation to something else I might do better in school. ( I study acne more than I have ever studied anything)

I might finally learn to juggle and play guitar.

you've had a lot of real nice posts on here iliad....

sorry to hear of the continued suffering...

If I could turn this motivation to something else I might do better in school. ( I study acne more than I have ever studied anything)

I might finally learn to juggle and play guitar.

hmmm hard to remember life with the plague of spots, i guess.... as mentioned above, worry about all sorts of other petty things, wear less make up and hopefully be happier.... rubbish how it effects everything so much.

hmmmm la le la (mind wanders off.... when will the acne be gone! be gone! GO!)

hmmm hard to remember life with the plague of spots, i guess.... as mentioned above, worry about all sorts of other petty things, wear less make up and hopefully be happier.... rubbish how it effects everything so much.

hmmmm la le la (mind wanders off.... when will the acne be gone! be gone! GO!)

hmm effortlessly clear. I would spend more time outside and not worrying about my make up melting off or what the person thinks of my scars. I would have a easier time learning things, connecting with people and in school I would do so much better because there wouldn't be any days pretending to be sick when really im just sick of my face. Since my acne is better I will be doing sports this year and getting my permit...not sure about adventures though

I would do very very well in school, as I probably have the capability to do, network like my life depended on it and get into some place like Yale or Columbia for grad school, and become respected and possibly even exemplary in my field.

I would also be arrogant as hell.

So it probably has and will continue to make me accomplish less, but I won't have a completely unbearable personality, either. Hooray for empathy through suffering :rolleyes:

Hmm. Unlike those that have replied so far, my insecurity and lack of any social interactions have led to better performance in school. I also use a lot of my spare time doing other things I like to do that don't involve socializing. If I didn't have acne, I would have probably gotten someone pregnant and dropped out of college... I still hate acne though.

I agree with this..... acne kept me out of trouble...... maybe helped me keep the balence of planning and living......

Hmm. Unlike those that have replied so far, my insecurity and lack of any social interactions have led to better performance in school. I also use a lot of my spare time doing other things I like to do that don't involve socializing. If I didn't have acne, I would have probably gotten someone pregnant and dropped out of college... I still hate acne though.