Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brandolynn

Are you looking for an spf moisturizer that won't leave you all shiney?

Hi everyone,

I know we are on a constant mission to find spf products that don't leave us looking dripped in grease.

I found this Olay Complete for combination/oily skin and have been using it during the daytime since I spend a lot of time outdoors and wanted something with sunscreen. I have fallen in love with this product.

If you have dry skin or problems with flakes, this is not the moisturizer for you.

If you have oily skin, and tolerate the bp well, and want something with spf that won't leave you overly shiney or break you out, give this a try. It has zinc oxide as part of it's spf which is good for the skin anyway, and it looks very nice on. I've been using it daily for more than 2 weeks now and it has not given me any problems at all.

http://www.olay.com/boutique/complete/products/co1006

I hope this helps someone. :)

Yeah, I have the exact stuff at my house but "Normal" version. It doesn't make you greasy, it's very light but I don't find it moisturizing enough with BP and it leaves a white film over my face though. :think:

Though it is good on days when my skin is moisturized and I am going outdoors.

Hi everyone,

I know we are on a constant mission to find spf products that don't leave us looking dripped in grease.

I found this Olay Complete for combination/oily skin and have been using it during the daytime since I spend a lot of time outdoors and wanted something with sunscreen. I have fallen in love with this product.

If you have dry skin or problems with flakes, this is not the moisturizer for you.

If you have oily skin, and tolerate the bp well, and want something with spf that won't leave you overly shiney or break you out, give this a try. It has zinc oxide as part of it's spf which is good for the skin anyway, and it looks very nice on. I've been using it daily for more than 2 weeks now and it has not given me any problems at all.

http://www.olay.com/boutique/complete/products/co1006

I hope this helps someone. :)

Weird ^. I've had nothing but good luck with it. :)

I have very very very sensitive skin and lots of things break me out. Jojoba oil doesnt like me, as you know, Sodium Laureth Sulfate definitely doesnt like me, and Olay contains SLS I believe.

Active Ingredients: 6% Octinoxate, 3% Zinc Oxide. Also Contains: Water, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg/PPG-20/20 Dimethicone, Steareth-21, Stearyl Alcohol, Sucrose Polycottonseedate, Behenyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Steareth-2, Disodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Oleth-3-Phosphate, Ascorbic Acid.

I don't see any offending ingredients. It works well with the Bp gel? I love Lac hydrin 5. It has a mild AHA and my skin loves it. I'm glad it works for you! U're not longer using Dan's Moisturizer?

I don't see any offending ingredients. It works well with the Bp gel? I love Lac hydrin 5. It has a mild AHA and my skin loves it. I'm glad it works for you! U're not longer using Dan's Moisturizer?

For now I'm not because I really need something with spf.

I have very very very sensitive skin and lots of things break me out. Jojoba oil doesnt like me, as you know, Sodium Laureth Sulfate definitely doesnt like me, and Olay contains SLS I believe.

Hmmm I had Olay Complete but it wasnt the same one. I believe that one does contail SLS. I see the ingredients in the one you are using dont. Yippy!

SLS is a surfactant and is only used in things that get soapy, like cleansers and shampoos. You shouldn't be seeing it in any leave-on treatment like a moisturizer.

Active Ingredients: 6% Octinoxate, 3% Zinc Oxide. Also Contains: Water, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg/PPG-20/20 Dimethicone, Steareth-21, Stearyl Alcohol, Sucrose Polycottonseedate, Behenyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Steareth-2, Disodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Oleth-3-Phosphate, Ascorbic Acid.

Hmmm I had Olay Complete but it wasnt the same one. I believe that one does contail SLS. I see the ingredients in the one you are using dont. Yippy!

SLS is a surfactant and is only used in things that get soapy, like cleansers and shampoos. You shouldn't be seeing it in any leave-on treatment like a moisturizer.

Oh okay. Maybe I was thinking about an Olay cleanser I was using. I did use one before. I also used Olay Complete but the one I used made my face too oily. It wasnt the one for sensitive skin. I didnt like it at all! It didnt even moisturize.

I think it is important for all of us to remember, if we want our opinions to help others and to be taken seriously, to be sure that the opinion we are giving is indeed factual for our experience with the product being mentioned. Especially when you claim something "broke you out in cystic pimples". That's quite a strong statement and it might turn some people off from even trying a potentially good product. Let's please make sure we are commenting on the correct thing before we make such strong claims. It will make the forums much more legitimate.

Thanks. :)

Oh okay. Maybe I was thinking about an Olay cleanser I was using. I did use one before. I also used Olay Complete but the one I used made my face too oily. It wasnt the one for sensitive skin. I didnt like it at all! It didnt even moisturize.

I think it is important for all of us to remember, if we want our opinions to help others and to be taken seriously, to be sure that the opinion we are giving is indeed factual for our experience with the product being mentioned. Especially when you claim something "broke you out in cystic pimples". That's quite a strong statement and it might turn some people off from even trying a potentially good product. Let's please make sure we are commenting on the correct thing before we make such strong claims. It will make the forums much more legitimate.

Thanks. :)

i agree wholeheartedly

:wub:

I have used this one on and off for years. Recently, since starting the regimen, I use it when my flakes are not bad. And when I have to use Eucerin Skin Renewal (I only have a few days left of my stash :boohoo: ) I put this on top of it, when going out clubbing or something, so as to not look so damn greasy.

Since I have but a few days left of the Eucerin, I am ordering Lac Hydrin 5.