Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

hydrocortisone 1% cream

Is it fine to use hydrocortisone 1% cream on the face at all? I wouldn't waint to get any "steroid stretchmarks" on my face....... lol......... and if its fine to use, about how long could I safely apply the hydrocortisone to my face?

Thanks!

Don't do it!

It can cause so much damage it really isn't worth it.

It thins the skin like kanmi said, and also you are only supposed to use it for a couple of weeks or so then you have to stop.

Besides, before I knew howe bad the stuff was to use on your face, I used it and it didn't make any difference to my acne whatsoever.

Please ask your doctor/derm before you use it, Mandy. Steroid creams can make it easier for other bacteria, fungi and yeast to proliferate, plus they also damage the skin. Short term (less than 5 days) use and small amounts, and only once a day might be safe, but I myself wouldn't risk it. :(

Yeah I only did it cause i'm crazy. I mean, remember i'm the girl who burned a hole in her face on accident by mixing baking soda, lime juice, and kosher salt.

Yeah probably shouldn't listen to me. ;)