Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MadMen

FDA approved??

Dan,

Your face wash, what are the ingredients in this that are proven to be an acne cleanser, and what kind of meta-analysis has been done on these ingredients?

Does each lot and or tube of your BP gel go through a testing process to identify the proper ratios of BP are in each tube? Who does your lab assay? where does your BP powder come from? Are your products produced in the US or "over seas"?

I see you are also trying to come out with a SA gel? You seemed very strong in some of your writings that BP was the end all acne fighter, and now you want to move on to SA gel? As well, who is supplying your SA for you?

Can you provide us consumers with a CoA/lab assay of your current lots of your BP gel from an accredited lab, as well as your face wash and face lotion?

The benzoyl peroxide product is the only product to require an assay. Dan has posted the scanned assay results on this message board before, at least once. I'm sure a search might help to find it.

Probably (this is only an educated guess), Dan is coming out with a salicylic acid product, because some of us do not like/use Benzoyl Peroxide and love salicylic acid products. Then there are those who are truly allergic to benzoyl peroxide, and salicylic acid is a welcome alternative.

If Dan was against salicylic acid products at one time, so what. People and thoughts can change, and thank God they do. I am so happy Dan "came around" and is coming out with a salicylic acid product.

Dan,

Your face wash, what are the ingredients in this that are proven to be an acne cleanser, and what kind of meta-analysis has been done on these ingredients?

Does each lot and or tube of your BP gel go through a testing process to identify the proper ratios of BP are in each tube? Who does your lab assay? where does your BP powder come from? Are your products produced in the US or "over seas"?

I see you are also trying to come out with a SA gel? You seemed very strong in some of your writings that BP was the end all acne fighter, and now you want to move on to SA gel? As well, who is supplying your SA for you?

Can you provide us consumers with a CoA/lab assay of your current lots of your BP gel from an accredited lab, as well as your face wash and face lotion?

"No corporate company would answer these questions or feel the need to provide you with such information. Note that most of Dan's competitors would ignore you."

is that a fact? LARGE companies have full time staff support that take care of these kinds of questions, 800#s, email, by fax etc.

Dan has yet to provide a current CoA on the most recent batch of his BP gel. For all you know, the quality could in fact vary from batch to batch, especially if he is, say getting his stuff produced in China??

Dont you find it odd, that pharm companies with millions of dollars allocated to Research and Development, still come out with a minimum of 5% BP gels?

No offense, Dan, but with your low overhead and using a minimal amount of BP to make this gel, you must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Onward and outward...

Begin, Begin

honestly i couldn't care less about the exact amount of BP in dans gel. all i know is it works and thats all that matters to me.

Madmen -

how many competitors offer websites in which the majority of that website (in which they are paying for, bandwidth and all) -

have nothing to do with their product and in fact encourage other people to post their success stories with other products and treatments?

The questions about FDA approval are quite valid, as are the questions about testing. What is not valid is your insistence that Dan is "laughing all the way to the bank", as very few millionares have ever been made by doing all they can to encourage people to use what works for them, even if it's not their product. Not even Progressive Auto Insurance encourages the level of "shopping around" that Dan's site does.

The only people "laughing" are those of us who have seen this tired argument come time and time again from trolls who obviously know nothing about economics.

Dont you find it odd, that pharm companies with millions of dollars allocated to Research and Development, still come out with a minimum of 5% BP gels?

No offense, Dan, but with your low overhead and using a minimal amount of BP to make this gel, you must be laughing all the way to the bank.

The BP has undergone the required FDA testing, since it has active ingredients.

The cleanser and the moisturizer are not required to undergo FDA stability testing. Just some fyi. :)

I spoke to Dan this morning about this subject and he said that every batch is independently assayed, and the raw materials come from a variety of locations.

I also did a quick search and found the following thread from a few years back that was similar to this one. Here was Dan's reply then.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...st&p=362565