Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
**Cl£Ar 4 £vA**

Is Masturbation Cause of Acne?

Hey Everyone! :D

This is my first post, been visiting acne.org for 4 years now as a guest. Thought it was time to Register and share my thoughts and views on acne and my past experiences. Here are my thoughts: :think:

Scientific explanations :eh:

My Personal Thoughts ;)

What is acne? :think:

Acne is a skin disorder (disease) that affects the skin's oil glands.

Something that people who have acne want to get rid of and dont like because we know it doesnt look nice (hence why we are all here and why YOU are reading this)

What causes acne? :think:

Hormones

Genetics

Certain Foods (Varies with each person)

Sex (Masturbation or having sex)

How to treat acne? :think:

Using topical products such as BP and cleansers, Antibiotics, Accutane

I personally myself am against taking antibiotics to treat acne because intitially it might work but they tend to wear off after a while (or so ive read).

I think drinking water helps with the overall skin tone and the redness of skin. I personally myself dont believe drinking water alone will get rid of acne, but it does assist and drinking water can help right? Such a simple thing to do.

Masturbation and sex DOES in my opinion cause acne. I like many others out there thought it was a myth because i first heard it of my dad, and i thought he said that to only prevent me from doing it in the future. I first begun getting and developing acne when i was 16, that is when i started masturbating excessively, i was always in denial but now i have come to realise (with the help of experiments) that sex does INFACT cause acne.

A lot of you guys might be thinking that you have read and heard this all before, but i personally do believe it is that simple.

Just DONT eat too many fatty foods, drink soda drinks or masturbate or have sex too much. But DO drink water, avoid sex and masturbation as much as you can (by keeping busy) and eat fruit. I am going to do this for a week, so if anyone wants to join this regime please do and lets see how we get on. I think WE all might be surprised. Dont forget we are all trying and have the same goal which is CLEAR SKIN.......... is this regine worth a try? I certainly think so, if i didnt i would of spent the last 30 minutes writing this up and registering. I honestly believe this could help all of us. The only thing that i think a lot of people will struggle to follow is the limiting of sex and masturbation, the only way to limit yourself is by keeping busy and encouraging each other. So lets all get behind this regime and support each other.

*Clear Skin £vA* . . . . . . . . . Here we come . . . . . . .

y00 m88

Agreed it does me wanking=next morning breakout

I have servere acne and am going on accutane visit my accutane post for pics and updates... but i stopped masturbating for 4 days and for the first time in years day 4 i woke up with no new pimple and also night 4 my girlfriend came around and we play i get new acne 5 or 6 spots soo now im quitting again i think 2 weeks no masturbating = OMG i hope clear skin and i though it would be hard but after day3 u dont think about it LOL

U noticed an improvement>?

i think masturbation does cause breakouts.

i think sex does not.

the 2 are completely different. masturbation causes unnatural stress and tension in your body, while sex is more relaxed and causes a differnt type of tension which is natural.

sex is very healthy, so i dont think anyone should limit sex. i think it helps clear my skin a little because i feel better about myself after sex, and positive thinking goes a long way.

any thoughts?

Can you actually explain what your experiments were and how it would actually apply to everyone? Cuz all you're telling us is that we should avoid it which isn't exactly the most credible explanation

MASTURBATION DOES NOT CAUSE ACNE THIS WAS MADE UP IN THE 18TH CENTURY TO STOP YOUNG BOYS FROM HAVING A PULL!!!

LOL :lol:

and young girls too. don't forget girls...oops, i forget girls don't masturbate :rolleyes:

Update:

So its been 6 and half days since i last started this regime (which basically consist of staying away from too many fatty foods, fizzy drinks and sex or masturbation), my skin is improving. I am not completely clear yet but skin is better than it was this time last week. I well again post next weekend to discuss results, but if they continue at this rate i will be very pleased. I have however has laspses in concentration on a few occassions, i have got excited in a few occassions and thought about sex which has resulted in me getting erections, (sorry for being so outright), but i was wondering if that caused or was the same as having sex or masturbating and climaxing? Let me know please. Also, i have had the odd cake here and there, but hey its the first week and so by time i can restrict myself and avoid certain foods. In all honesty keeping away from sex and masturbation isnt that bad, i would say the first few days are the hardest but once you get over that initial period you have the desire to keep going and aim for clear skin. I am aiming for that **Cl£Ar4£vA**.

I have read a few people stating that sex or masturbating does not affect their acne, i am not saying that it affects everyone but different factors trigger peoples acne. My acne is triggered with me either having sex or masturbating, i have read that by having sex or masturbating, we produce more hormones and as a result of that we produce more oil which causes me (and others) to break out. Other people are affected by eating certain foods and other numerous reasons. I dont understand why certain people come on these messageboards and say that its not true it was a myth made up to stop kids from masturbating or having sex centuries ago. I for one though that too intially, but over the years i have seen what triggers my acne, i have gone through periods where i havent had sex and my skin was clear, then i went through periods where i had sex with my girlfriend everyday for 2 weeks and i did break out quite badly. So i KNOW that is what triggers my acne, so people who say masturbation and sex doesnt cause acne and it is just a myth, its not true, it might not cause you to break out but it does cause some of us!

Anyways i will post again next weekend!

This is WAY too funny! It's not the masturbation that causes the acne, it's the sweat! I think it's safe to say that everyone sweats profusely before and during orgasm. And I dunno about the rest of you, but washing my face is not my first thought afterward. In fact, a whole lot of people promptly fall asleep. Sleeping with a sweaty face can't be a good thing. I came up with this theory after discovering that I would get pimples down the center of my chest only after masturbating before bed. (Yes, women masturbate. We like sex too. Join the 21st century already.) The only other time I sweat on my chest is when I exercise vigorously. But I always shower after exercise, so no acne then. Also, no acne when masturbating in the morning and following it with a shower. And no acne on my chest at all if I haven't been masturbating at all. So, rather than becoming a monk, consider finding a way to clean off the sweat immediately. If there really is no getting you out of bed afterward, at least have a facial wipe or wet washcloth or something handy. If you're worried about ruining the mood, consider switching to only morning sex. That's more naturally followed up with a shower (not necessarily solo).

Rebecca

Update:

So its been 6 and half days since i last started this regime (which basically consist of staying away from too many fatty foods, fizzy drinks and sex or masturbation), my skin is improving. I am not completely clear yet but skin is better than it was this time last week. I well again post next weekend to discuss results, but if they continue at this rate i will be very pleased. I have however has laspses in concentration on a few occassions, i have got excited in a few occassions and thought about sex which has resulted in me getting erections, (sorry for being so outright), but i was wondering if that caused or was the same as having sex or masturbating and climaxing? Let me know please. Also, i have had the odd cake here and there, but hey its the first week and so by time i can restrict myself and avoid certain foods. In all honesty keeping away from sex and masturbation isnt that bad, i would say the first few days are the hardest but once you get over that initial period you have the desire to keep going and aim for clear skin. I am aiming for that **Cl£Ar4£vA**.

I have read a few people stating that sex or masturbating does not affect their acne, i am not saying that it affects everyone but different factors trigger peoples acne. My acne is triggered with me either having sex or masturbating, i have read that by having sex or masturbating, we produce more hormones and as a result of that we produce more oil which causes me (and others) to break out. Other people are affected by eating certain foods and other numerous reasons. I dont understand why certain people come on these messageboards and say that its not true it was a myth made up to stop kids from masturbating or having sex centuries ago. I for one though that too intially, but over the years i have seen what triggers my acne, i have gone through periods where i havent had sex and my skin was clear, then i went through periods where i had sex with my girlfriend everyday for 2 weeks and i did break out quite badly. So i KNOW that is what triggers my acne, so people who say masturbation and sex doesnt cause acne and it is just a myth, its not true, it might not cause you to break out but it does cause some of us!

Anyways i will post again next weekend!

Wow, I have been trying to look up information on this subject and it really seems very complex. The information is pretty much only available in pieces so it's hard to get a good conclusion but I'll give it a try.

Ejaculation causes the body to undergo the fist half of the testosterone negative feedback loop because your body wants to produce more testosterone.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?c...l=pubmed_docsum

You get release of GnRH, LH, FSH, and finally testosterone production begins.

http://instruct1.cit.cornell.edu/courses/b...edbackloops.pdf

Testosterone production escalates rapidly, causing over production of sebum from sebum glands.

http://womenshealth.com/health-library/61-...terone-and-skin

Testosterone synthesis also uses coenzyme A.

Coenzyme A is also an acceptor for vitamins and metabolizes fatty acids

http://www.michaelshealth.com/pdf/testosterone.pdf

Sebum is part fatty acid

http://dermnetnz.org/acne/sebum.html

So ejaculation will lead to rapid testosterone production which uses coenzyme A and produces excess sebum, which is not properly dealt with because of lack of sufficient coenzyme A to accept helpful vitamins and metabolize the fatty acid part of sebum.

I don't think it's a perfect explanation, and it might have some holes in it. But I think it's a good start at understanding the biology behind the processes. This still isn't to say that everyone will react the same way to these biological processes and that there is a 100% cause and effect relationship between acne and ejaculation. Since people's bodies are different there will NEVER be a scientifically proven cause and effects relationship. The best we can hope for is to understand the process and see if it helps us specifically with our acne problem.

Oh, and like rebecca said, it's probably a good idea to wash off sweat too.

Hey Everyone, its been a few weeks since ive posted last, sorry for the late update, but i was busy with work, just finished my summer job and now go back to university on Monday. The status of my skin is quite bad, i masturbated monday and tuesday and have broken out quite bad and i go back to university in 4 and half days and i really hope my skin clears up really quick by then, i intend to use my BP cream twice a day for the next 3 days to get rid of the spots and of COURSE stop masturbating.

I am going to write everyday to update the progress of my skin, i will stay away from sweaty activities, masturbating and fizzy and sugary drinks, and will apply BP twice a day for the next 3 days and will let you know how the progress is. . . . . .

I will post back in 24hours

Thanks

Just wanna say i totally agree on mastrubation causing acne (for me atleast).

As said.. it's stupid to say it's a myth, as said some ppl are affected by fatty food and some by mastrubation/sex. WHICH doesn't mean you should completely stop with it. it's one of life's great pleasures.. just have control over it in my opinion.

(I quit with it 6 weeks ago. after 2 week i couldn't resist and mastrubated.. with result: breakout. then i quit again until now(4 weeks) in combination with DKR i cleared the right half of my face totally other side+forehead still have acne.)

Good to hear that people are back on this. Good to hear you have made it four weeks simple2007. I am currently coming up on my fourth week too.

My skin right now is the clearest it has been since the last time I stopped masturbating for three weeks back in the beginning of summer. And this is even without washing my face at all for the last week because of my surgery. I did drink lots of water though. My face still gets oily and has dead skin, but my face is easily able to expel sebum from pores and heal any stray pimple in about one day.

You can cure this probelm with 2-5 liver flushes. I will not tell you more do the research yourself.

Hey All

Let me share my update, i was doing well and abstaining from masturbation, then i couldnt help it and i am going to break out big time in the next few days, because i have masturbated everyday for the last 3 days. :(. I need help!!!!! Someone to encourage me not to do it.

So it dawned on me that maybe it might be good to get a Acne PenPal. Someone who i can speak to when i feel the urge to do it, a lot of you might think it sounds stupid, but not if it helps me and the other person to abstain from masturbation and have clear skin. I think when someone is having sex, then that person should not stop themselves, because sex and masturbation or two different things, masturbation is unecessary, whereas sex its different (Im sure you's understand what i mean).

So if there is anyone who thinks this idea is good, let me know, message me or post back..

Thanks