Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Everyone-

I havent been on in a while, and that is becasue my acne is 100% under control. I wanted to share with everyone what is working for me. I am on topicals from the Dermo, but I also have been taking Vitamins from the Vitamin Shop. They are called "For Women- Skin, Hair and Nails." I originally started taking them becuase I was on Spironolactone (which did NOT work for me by the way). Spiro made my hair start to thin and fall out, so I went on these vitamins which have a high amount of BetaCarotine- Vitamin A. I take 3 Vitamins a Day (the suggested dose) and I am 100% clear. I completely stopped the Spiro months ago and Ive been fine ever since.

I hope this may work for others as well. I am not saying these are miracle vitamins, but I do think that taking 10,000 mg of Vitamin A a day is known as the everyday mans Accutane.

Good luck everyone!

The supplements may be helping, but don't underestimate the efficacy of the prescription topicals you are also using. They are likely playing a big role in your success.

Congratulations! :)

The supplements may be helping, but don't underestimate the efficacy of the prescription topicals you are also using. They are likely playing a big role in your success.

Congratulations! :)

Thank you! Yes I definetly think it is a combo of my presciption meds (Tazorac, Benzaclin and Clindamycin) however I have been on this prescription for years with continuous breakouts. At least 3 years I would say. I have been taking the vitamins now for 4 months now, and it took about 2 weeks for me to see results. My success is probably a combo of the two, but I have to say the vitamins must be the main cause! Good luck all!

I have been using Accunatural supplements for a few weeks now and my skin has really calmed down. Plus I'm in PMS and should be flaring badly, but I'm not.

I too believe in vitamins/herbs for the skin.