Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lakers555

Do you believe in ghosts?

Yes, my heart beat is up but lol you just have to say it's ridiculous. I would be scared on a lonely night with a 'demon child' but really they never show them hurting people, just knocking stuff about. Even if they could touch you, why wouldn't you be able to touch back ie hit back? Or suck them up in a vacuum cleaner haha Put the video on mute and it will be much better

Ive seen ghosts at my house and dorm building. Im not gonna lie watching that video on youtube, i screamed like a little girl when that girl was standing in the bathroom, no way in hell am I sleeping after that.

I'm not sure about my stance on ghosts. Are they real? I don't know. But I do know that I have seen weird things and have on more than one occasion been seen running out of a basement screaming like a 12 yr old girl being chased by the bugger monster.

dont you mean 'bogey'..?

bogeyman: an imaginary monster used to frighten children

wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

bugger -verb:

5. often vulgar. to sodomize, practice anal sex upon

i'm a fully grown man and i'd be running from a monster like that too! lol

i made the mistake of watching one of these late at night when everyone was asleep...that was a mistake to beat all mistakes...

you can't even go to the bathroom without being paranoid beyond belief! i always anticipate looking at the mirror...looking away...then looking back to see some demon with a nasty face staring me down. then it like, pops out of the mirror and puts me in a chokehold while giving me a noogy... :shock:

at least now, i'm watching it during the day with the sound close to off. i'm with calibos about the 4 minute margin of the video...that girl was FREAKY!! did you see how her arms were positioned...it's like she was bear ready to attack or something. >.<

oh and about the religious debate going on...

even if cells evolved and formed together, how do you explain our mind and spirit? how do you explain laughter, love, imagination, awe, etc... i refuse to believe that it all happened by mere chance and that it's all a chemical reaction.

and people go on about the big bang starting everything...did it start the whole universe? if so, what started the big bang? because if something was around to start the big bang, then the big bang wasn't what got the whole thing going? so what created the thing that started the big bang? if you keep going back like that, you wind up with nothing. and you can't create something with nothing. so something started everything, and that something is God.

and how do you explain what happens to them when the body ceases? it's almost like programming a computer, you can make all the information and tell it where to go, but can you really believe that something we didn't even create (ourselves) could direct where it was going to go after we die? something happens to your "being" when you die, and if you don't believe in heaven or hell, where does it go? the ground? did the big bang "program" that to happen too?

aside from our free will, we're mapped out a certain way. x happens when we're born and x happens when we die. we didn't start it, so how can we end it? how is it that someone who's x religion goes here...but someone who's y religion goes there? it does not make sense. one thing happens to us all.

please feel free to pm me or whatever to debate this, i think it's an interesting conversation.

with love,

dan

honestly, it's not possible to explain all of the mysteries of the world without something bigger than ourselves.

Yes, I'm quite happy to end up as compost when I die thankyou very much. Sod everlasting life and all that lark, I'm going to go party with the worms.

For the non-believers just visit some reputable mediums if you like (i.e. Gordon Smith, Mandy Masters etc...). Gordon Smith doesn't charge but has a really long waiting list of months and even years. You will definitely start having doubts about your non-belief immediately after your first visit when your grandma or grandpa start 'talking' to you about things only you knew or you didn't know but will confirm afterwards. :D

Atheists accuse believers of believing in everything without having proof (I should know as I used to be an atheist for years). They forget though that they do exactly the same thing. Their non-belief is actually a belief, too, if you think about it! And the funny thing is most of the times they have almost nothing to back it up so they usually accuse the believers of being stupid or very naive. In some cases, yes, it's true, there are many crazy people out there, but there are others who reached their conclusion after years of search, and passing through various stages of self-exploration. I should also refer you to some of the "atheist" and "pagan" philosophers of the past like Pythagoras, Plato and Socrates. They weren't just smart people who talked about general things and philosophy, or drew triangles; they were mystics, and some of them had actually predicted the existence of the one and only God! Just read some of their works!

Quote: Act. i. 7 ; Dox. 302. Pythagoras held that one of the first principles, the monad, is god and the good, which is the origin of the One, and is itself intelligence; but the undefined dyad is a divinity and the bad, surrounding which is the mass of matter. i. 8 ; 307

Anyway, to go back on topic, I've never seen ghosts, just some sparkling lights when I prayed (they call them angel lights) and just once I saw a huge ball of fire moving and then disappearing into the wall of my room. It was accompanied by noise, too, the way fire sounds.

For the non-believers just visit some reputable mediums if you like (i.e. Gordon Smith, Mandy Masters etc...). Gordon Smith doesn't charge but has a really long waiting list of months and even years. You will definitely start having doubts about your non-belief immediately after your first visit when your grandma or grandpa start 'talking' to you about things only you knew or you didn't know but will confirm afterwards. :D

Atheists accuse believers of believing in everything without having proof (I should know as I used to be an atheist for years). They forget though that they do exactly the same thing. Their non-belief is actually a belief, too, if you think about it! And the funny thing is most of the times they have almost nothing to back it up so they usually accuse the believers of being stupid or very naive. In some cases, yes, it's true, there are many crazy people out there, but there are others who reached their conclusion after years of search, and passing through various stages of self-exploration. I should also refer you to some of the "atheist" and "pagan" philosophers of the past like Pythagoras, Plato and Socrates. They weren't just smart people who talked about general things and philosophy, or drew triangles; they were mystics, and some of them had actually predicted the existence of the one and only God! Just read some of their works!

Quote: Act. i. 7 ; Dox. 302. Pythagoras held that one of the first principles, the monad, is god and the good, which is the origin of the One, and is itself intelligence; but the undefined dyad is a divinity and the bad, surrounding which is the mass of matter. i. 8 ; 307

Anyway, to go back on topic, I've never seen ghosts, just some sparkling lights when I prayed (they call them angel lights) and just once I saw a huge ball of fire moving and then disappearing into the wall of my room. It was accompanied by noise, too, the way fire sounds.

Umm... I will not grow up, thank you very much! That's just insulting for someone to say that! I'm doing my PhD in cancer resarch in a world-class university and I know I'm not a little child who believes in fairytales - or the Easter bunny. I'm in a field where everyone has to learn to examine things differently and with a great amount of scepticism. So, I'm not lacking in that area at all.

Saying just that, that ghosts do not definitely exist makes you look silly, just like someone who would say that they definitely 1000% exist without doing any personal research. And, yes, you do actually believe in something! That something does not exist! That is a belief, too! Believe it or not... lol

And yes, I already know that sparkling lights can be a result of eye problems. I had that myself in the past, but what I was talking about was different and on one occasion it was experienced by 2 different people at the same time. So, at least in this case, I still don't know what it was, but I know it wasn't my eyes.

I'm also aware of those rewards about definitely proving the supernatural/afterlife definitely exists. There were such rewards a few hundred years ago about aeroplanes!! Objects heavier than air that can fly? Those people are crazy!! Or... radio waves and X-Rays... you can't see them so they don't exist, right? My grandma still doesn't believe there are such things! lol

The thing is unlsss you experience it YOURSELF with personal information you won't believe in a million years. Also, there are numerous cases of experts going into haunted houses and reporting unexplained supernatural activity. And last but not least I will reward anyone who can give me definite proof that black holes exist. Scientists have proved it, BUT I would like to have this information from someone who has travelled there and experienced the phenomenon by themselves. :whistle::angel:

And last but not least I will reward anyone who can give me definite proof that black holes exist. Scientists have proved it, BUT I would like to have this information from someone who has travelled there and experienced the phenomenon by themselves. :whistle::angel:

That video is lame. I don't deny the beyond normal or paranormal, but this video is fake or crappy evidence at best.

I have had my own encounters with unknown forces a few times, and often it seems as though something is giving me a message or telling me something.

Oh, and don't mess with stuff your not willing to respect, and don't call on demons and stuff like that. You will probably get more than you bargained for. Better to call for some good spirit of force.

I've been getting into that Ghost Hunters show on scifi. I don't have cable but I watched all the episodes so far from you tube. Some of the things they find are insane from the ghostly figures, voices/sounds and objects moving. Theres been like 3 seasons so far and each episode they go to 2 places to investigate. Heres an episode where they go to some lighthouse and find some weird stuff. This is only the the last part of the episode but if you watch the whole thing theres a part where you can here people just talking away up top the tower including a female voice when the only people in the lighthouse are the 2 investagators and the camera man who are all male.

Ghost Hunters Season 2 Episode 20

You should def check out some of the episodes. Some of them they don't find much but all of them have some weird stuff in them. Ever since I've been watching ghost hunters I've been trying to get my friends to go ghost hunting with me. :lol:

I'm surprised that the mods aren't taking more action against the completely blatant flaming going on in previous posts. :/ Action as in "mod-ly action", like deleting flames.

Anyway, about the clips:

I consider myself a hopeful skeptic. I really love the paranormal and I love watching everything I can, but I've only seen maybe two or three videos that have actually given me chills. The rest I've been able to disprove with my own explanations. (If you can disprove it, it isn't considered evidence in the paranormal world. Always first seek to disprove.)

Most of the videos in that clip have already been disproved and come out as fake. Two of them were from a very specific Japanese TV show that plays clips that have been modified for your basic Japanese horror. They're very well done, but fakes nonetheless.

Some others were just blatantly fake. Others were really well done fakes. And others I haven't seen before, which was kinda exciting for me.

I used to join some Parapsychologists in their investigations around my county as an unofficial student. Some crazy stuff happened, but even now I question things. It'd be nice to know that more happens to you than just rotting in the ground, because that's just boring.

I think the belief in ghosts is as personal and illogical as the belief in religion, which makes it impossible to tell someone whether they are right or wrong. I actually find it rude and obnoxious. I think it's annoying when people try to tell me that ghosts are real and equally annoying when they try to tell me they are not real.

PS. I freaking love Ghost Hunters.

This threads got me looking up ghost stuff now. Heres a video taken close to my hometown in Gettysburg PA where part of the civil war took place.

G-burg Ghosts

I live less then 10 min away from there. My friends and I used to hang out at a skateboard shop in Gettysburg where my friend worked years ago. We used to skate all over town getting in trouble by cops and whatnot...the usual. lol One time we were skating down rout 30 which runs right through the middle of town and a friend of mine said something about a guy looking out of some top window. I looked up to where he was pointing and it looked like a guy dressed in civil war clothing with the hat and everything but he didn't look solid like a normal person would. His skin and clothing just looked...well almost see through. It was so weird cause the thing was just looking down out the widow without moving an inch. We got a little freaked out and skated away. Theres all sorts of civil war reenactments in Gettysburg so it could of just been someone who participates in them and the way the light hit the window but it def looked like something else. Don't see why someone would just stand there not moving at all for a few min.