Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kanmi

Can anyone explain?

THAT HAPPENED TO ME!

i have been on accutane for about 9 months, and my face has been perfect. today i woke up with seven zits!! seven! it's so frustrating i know what you mean... especially since i'm used to having clear skin now. at first i thought they were mosquito bites, but there's just no way.

Yeah, I was crying about it last night and my dad was trying to calm me down and go over the possibilities, saying it could be mosquitoe bites. Highly doubtful. They aren't filled with pus.

Ugh and my dermatologist doesn't have an appt until September 28th.

Yeah, I was crying about it last night and my dad was trying to calm me down and go over the possibilities, saying it could be mosquitoe bites. Highly doubtful. They aren't filled with pus.

Ugh and my dermatologist doesn't have an appt until September 28th.

I had mono last year Wynne. It was absolutely horrible! I couldnt even swallow water! It was a month or two later that after a year of no acne, I broke out horribly in moderate acne.

Are you under a doctor's care for the mono? I do hope so, because it is not something to mess about with by yourself. It might leave you feeling very tired and low and down for a long time, so you do need to pamper yourself and your body right now. Drink lots of fluids! Lots of nice cool water (bottled water if you want). Some nice warm teas (herbal without caffeine as you've rosacea, too) would feel good and also provide more interesting liquid choices.

Take good care of yourself! A friend of mine had mono many many years ago. She was exhausted and depressed just from feeling so bad! So ask your doc what you can take to feel better, and rest as often as you need to. You'll eventually get completely better, but you may get frustrated at how long it takes to get better.

September 28th, you can hang on until then. Do be in touch with your regular doctor too, the one who is treating the mono, as needed. The mono alone explains how you're feeling so down about the outbreak. It's enough to make anyone feel down and mad at the world when they're that sick.

And...since you'd have to wait so long to see the derm, why don't you go see the doctor who is treating you for mono? Those don't sound like pimples or cysts since there is no pus. They might be directly related to the mono and you would need treatment for them. That's just a guess on my part, it's been a very long time since I studied mononucleosis! Please do try putting some ice on those lesions. Don't freeze your skin, though! Just gently touch ice every so often to your face, and do remember to moisturize.

Are you under a doctor's care for the mono? I do hope so, because it is not something to mess about with by yourself. It might leave you feeling very tired and low and down for a long time, so you do need to pamper yourself and your body right now. Drink lots of fluids! Lots of nice cool water (bottled water if you want). Some nice warm teas (herbal without caffeine as you've rosacea, too) would feel good and also provide more interesting liquid choices.

Take good care of yourself! A friend of mine had mono many many years ago. She was exhausted and depressed just from feeling so bad! So ask your doc what you can take to feel better, and rest as often as you need to. You'll eventually get completely better, but you may get frustrated at how long it takes to get better.

September 28th, you can hang on until then. Do be in touch with your regular doctor too, the one who is treating the mono, as needed. The mono alone explains how you're feeling so down about the outbreak. It's enough to make anyone feel down and mad at the world when they're that sick.

And...since you'd have to wait so long to see the derm, why don't you go see the doctor who is treating you for mono? Those don't sound like pimples or cysts since there is no pus. They might be directly related to the mono and you would need treatment for them. That's just a guess on my part, it's been a very long time since I studied mononucleosis! Please do try putting some ice on those lesions. Don't freeze your skin, though! Just gently touch ice every so often to your face, and do remember to moisturize.

I am under a doctor's care for mono. Fucking hell, I didn't know mono could make me have bad skin. So does this mean i'll have breakouts like this for as long as I have mono? I've had it now for 3 weeks already. I didn't get a breakout up until this week. Actually, for a while my skin

was looking really good. I've heard of people having mono for 13 years, so I really hope I am not going to be one of those people. 

And no, there was pus in the zits I had. I don't see the point now in going to see the doctor or the dermatologists, since all they would do is give me a useless topical, they can't even give me antibiotics that would work since you can't give antibiotics to someone with mono. So I feel like i'm screwed.

Oddly enough a very similar thing happened to me. I had great (though not 100% clear) skin after stopping accutane due to fear of rosacea and now in the past few weeks i've broken out like crazy in places i never usually break out. Mine is mostly stress related. The only think I can think of in regards to yours is that you

1) developed a new allergy to a food you're eating

or

2) accidentally brushed your face against something with alot of dust or bacteria or something.

I would also look into the possibility of folliculitis .. and that's not too hard to treat. I think I might have folliculitis because i get these weird flesh coloured bumps that inflame due to stress or sugar.

So my face has been relatively clear now ever since accutane. I've been using finacea topically, and spot treating with one of my various spot treatments whenever needed. Well pretty much overnight, I developed 11 zits on my face. Just out of nowhere. I'm nowhere near my period. I haven't eaten anything different. I've gone over every single reason why this is possibly happening, and I can't think of anything. I can't calm myself down and I can't stop crying because i'm so terrified that my acne is coming back, and unlike everyone else, I can't just take accutane again over and over because I have rosacea. And since I took accutane, that basically lets you know, I have tried EVERYTHING when it comes to acne.

So what else is there left for me to do?

Im really sorry to hear that happen to you, my advise , have you ever tried exercising regularly?it really helps...i mean like really sweating out. My recommendation is for you do do daily exercise about 20 minutes a day or until you really sweat lot, try to avoid wearing any clothes during the exercise so your skin does not get irritated by rubbing onto the sweat...i guess well wear as less as you can closed the door in your room and take everything off and then really sweat it your skin will look healthier and get better trust me it works for me...the thing is i can't really commit too.... cause well im kinda lazy,lol try it and i hope it works for you.