Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drk310

Which AHA lotion is best to use with the Regimen?

I've heard the most about Neutrogena's healthy face skin lotion and Lac Hydrin 5. Which one is better? Is there some other AHA moisturizerproduct out there more effective than these?

I personally prefer Alpha Hydrox's 10% AHA lotion.

Lac-Hydrin is a milder AHA since it uses lactic acid instead of glycolic acid.

They're both AHA lotions, but they are pretty different because of their consistencies and concentrations of AHA. I don't have personal experience with Lac Hydrin 5, but it's a mild AHA and I think generally considered a pretty moisturizing moisturizer. I'd use this one for dryness and flake control, being somewhat like the old favorite Eucerin Skin Renewal before that got discontinues. NHSFL is stronger and not super moisturizing on its own (adequate, but not really creamy or anything), plus it comes in a smaller bottle and you generally aren't supposed to use very much of it because it stings a bit. I think NHSFL is generally better for red marks, comedones, and evening out your complexion than LH5, but not as good at moisturizer. Any AHA that's as strong or stronger than NSHFL (e.g. Walgreen's Nature's Finest, Alpha Hydrox products, Aqua Glycolic, Paula's AHA) would be used for similar purposes as the NHSFL.