Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kB

Only in certain area

Hi, i ONLY ever get acne near my mouth

Can anyone explain this?

I have one on forehead once in a while (eg, once a month)

and a few on my back (scars)

Different people tend to get acne in different places. I think around the mouth is a common place for women to get it. You are lucky though. I've got it EVERYWHERE, or I did until I started the regimen. Now my face is like 98% clear. BLISS :D

mercer

This is common. I think it is because of 2 things.

1. Genetic disposition to have it around the mouth.

2. The mouth is a highly irritated area. Ask yourself if you are irritating that area. Biting nails? Picking? Using chap stick at night and getting the chap stick smeared onto your face?

-Dan

hi thanks for your replies

i have had one or two on my face now and again

i have been using some special soap for a week and i havnt gotten any new ones, but the old scars are still there, resulting in darkened area around mouth :X will these go away?

if i eat something like two maccas burgers, chips i will get pimples the next day if i dont wash before i sleep :/ this is normal right?

Guest fatman_uk

If u eat that junk food then get pimples then it prolly means 'dont eat it', huh? Im not gonna say yes or no to the acne-food stuff much anymore... opinion is too strong for me to bother, but jus try not to eat it OK? lol :X

-Gaz

Or just make sure you wash your face after you eat. Some foods, like hot sauce for me, can really irritate that sensitive area, so make sure you clean any irritants off your skin. Also, you may be unconsciously touching that area of your face, or resting your hand on your chin, playing with your lips, stuff like that. You may be having a reaction to your lip balm. Might also be related to how you sleep. I always sort of ball my covers up and put my face in them, if i don't keep the bed clothes meticulously clean, this can aggravate my breakouts... Just some stuff to consider.