Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone ever experience really dark purple-ish to black looking blotch from a cyst? Last week I had a cortisone shot for one on my cheek, now that its no longer infected and not swollen, im left with what looks like a purple/black stain in that area, right underneath the skin. What is this? Am I going to scar or is this color permanent?

its trapped blood underneath the skin. When I had stuff like that, I warmed it up.. and tried to rip a hole to drain out the trapped blood : /

its trapped blood underneath the skin. When I had stuff like that, I warmed it up.. and tried to rip a hole to drain out the trapped blood : /

Yes I have a lot of pitted scars and a lot of purple marks from cysts and from popping too hard :( Purple marks fade with time. Pitted scars usually dont

Hey sorry to bring up this old thread.

The cyst on my cheek was injected by a doc, it flattened out as I've said. The black/purple/dark tint that surrounds the red marks where the cyst used to be is still there but the redness has faded some. However I don't think the background darkness that surrounds the red mark is fading much if at all. Is this going to be a permanent disfigurement? Am I going to have a dark/shady patch of skin even after the red mark is gone or is this temporary? It has been around 5 months so I figure it would improve a lot by now.