Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MetroCollegeDude

Why do products that say they are non-comodogenic still clog pores???

haha, well have you ever heard of sales tricks? Theres no set guidelines by the FDA to have "non-comodogenic" or "dermatologist tested" on products. So basically any company can put some saying like that on their product whether or not its true. Thats not to say that every bottle having those words stamped on it is lying, but you would do best to look up the ingredients yourself just to be sure.

I agree with the above poster.

It's all a sales trick. You should always check the ingredient list of a product which is going to be used on the face.

So true.

For suntan lotion, I look for zinc oxide under the recommendation of my derm. SPF apparently means nothing. Its the percentage of zinc oxide which is important.

For moisturizers, I look for glycerin %. I'm also liking gel forms better than cream. I had trouble finding a good moisturizer, until I tried out one that was in gel form. Didn't show any ingredients, but it hasn't broken me out so far.

Actually if you look at every product, about 90% of all products have something comodogenic in them. I think even Dan's products do have a little of them. The point is not to totally refuse a product when it contains a comodogenic substance. You should look at the concentration of the comodogenic substance before refusing it. If the substance listed is almost at the bottom of the list, that means the concentration of it is too little to cause any clogging of pores and that should be fine.

Oh and also look out for irritants as well.