Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Josh8

Regimen Rant....

Hey guys. I started the regimen in Dec for those who don’t know, so I've been on nearly 9 months... I am still getting acne!

What I do is a thin layer of BP on my forehead and cheeks, which has worked so well, couldn’t look better. But my worst problem area is my chin and upper lip area. Here I have gone up to three fingers worth of BP on my chin and upper lip area alone, yet I am still getting acne, its just so stubborn i don’t have a clue what to do!

What do you think? Accutane? I'm just so frustrated with thinking...'next month will be the month I finally get clear' only to break out just as bad as I am when I started!

I know people don’t wanna hear that its not working for someone, but I really don’t mind doing the regimen, I'm cool with it, even if it does take me so long to complete the process what with applying basically 3.5 fingers worth of BP twice per day - I should say, I would be cool with it if it actually worked.... frustration!!!!

I've checked the biggest mistakes page 50+ times and I know that I am doing the regimen 100% as directed, I make sure I sleep on my back, I change my towels every day, I consume fish oil and flaxseed oil... I don’t know what else.... do you reckon my skin just needs Accutane to sort it out?

I would say either take fish oil or flaxseed oil not both. That could be part of the reason you are breaking out and 3.5 fingers worth of bp, holy cow! Why so much? Why dont you just use one fingers worth, twice a day? You may be aggrevating your acne with too much bp

Well you might have to go to the next step. What other oral medications have you tried other than the supplements? Any antibiotics? Accutane might just be the next step. I know I've avoided it like the plague...but if it comes down to it, I'll give it a try. Good Luck!

Oh ya, try the supplements one at a time....like Molly suggested. I noticed no difference with fish oils, vit. E; but I have noticed a difference with pearl powder.

doubt more would make it worse, on spots where my acne get worse i usually add abit more or more like a double layer. but it does make it worse in a sense that you will peel like hell

The reason I've upped the amount of BP to 3.5 fingers worth is because 1 finger wasn’t doing anything, then a few months later I tried two, and still no luck, so now I'm at 3 on my chin and upper lip alone, and the 0.5 is spread thinly on my cheeks and forehead.

Well taking Fish Oil and Flaxseed oil only seems to have helped speed up the healing time, but obviously they are not strong enough to stop the acne from forming, however they did, for about one week after I started taking them I didn’t have any acne...I thought I was cured! ha!

I'm going to book an appointment with a derm, see what he/she says - but I dont like the sound of dermatologists, like they seem to go the long way round from what I've read of peoples experiences.

Thing is, this isn’t really a post to say I have just started breaking out after being on the regimen 9 months, I'm saying I haven’t actually been clear what so ever since I started the regimen 9 months ago, its just been as consistent as it was prior to the regimen, if not dare I say it a bit worse (as in I now have inflamed big red acne, whereas before I started the regimen I only ever had white heads)

Hey guys. I started the regimen in Dec for those who don’t know, so I've been on nearly 9 months... I am still getting acne!

What I do is a thin layer of BP on my forehead and cheeks, which has worked so well, couldn’t look better. But my worst problem area is my chin and upper lip area. Here I have gone up to three fingers worth of BP on my chin and upper lip area alone, yet I am still getting acne, its just so stubborn i don’t have a clue what to do!

What do you think? Accutane? I'm just so frustrated with thinking...'next month will be the month I finally get clear' only to break out just as bad as I am when I started!

I know people don’t wanna hear that its not working for someone, but I really don’t mind doing the regimen, I'm cool with it, even if it does take me so long to complete the process what with applying basically 3.5 fingers worth of BP twice per day - I should say, I would be cool with it if it actually worked.... frustration!!!!

I've checked the biggest mistakes page 50+ times and I know that I am doing the regimen 100% as directed, I make sure I sleep on my back, I change my towels every day, I consume fish oil and flaxseed oil... I don’t know what else.... do you reckon my skin just needs Accutane to sort it out?

If you have been faithfully doing the Regimen for 9 months and are not satisfied with your progress, then I would recommend you go ahead and see a Dermatologist. Sometimes an over-the-counter treatment program just isn't strong enough for stubborn/persistent acne.

Best wishes!