Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows what might be a good concealer to use that won't make acne worse?

I use Cover Girl Invisible Cream Concealer. I read that it has Isopropyl Palmitate in it which is comedogenic and can aggravate acne. It doesn't seem like it has made my acne worse. Should I therefore just keep using it even though it has a comedogenic ingredient in it?

When being in plays/musicals, I have had to put on different powders/foundations and they have tended to break me out, so I think I'd like to stick with just a concealer.

Thanks for the help! :)

My favorite concealer is Estee Lauder Maximum Cover Camouflage Concealer. It's for both face and body. It's rather pricey $25. I'd suggest going to the mall and trying it out. The coverage is excellent and it lasts all day without any finishing powder. I have had very good success with it, and it hasn't given me new pimples. I have combination skin(oily forehead and nose, dry cheeks) and have cystic acne plus whiteheads. Still my face has had no problems.

Oh, I'm sorry, I just realized this topic should have gone in the cosmetics board. Sorry!

Sugarhigh, does it really conceal well?

Yes, it is a very opaque concealer. Yet it blends and looks natural. My advice is to find a makeup counter and get a color match. I know they have a limited shade selection. Personally my shade is "creamy ivory", which is the lightest.

There is also another pigmented concealer called "colortration" which you can buy samples from the website(colortration.com) for about $14.

I tried the "amazing concealer" at this makeup store called Ulta..haha it wasn't amazing. Rubbed off pretty easily too.

I have heard good things about the mary kay concealer. They also have a foundation that is supposed to have extra coverage. Although I haven't tried it yet.

Finally I have been wanting to try a concealer from vmvhypoallergenics.com, but it's like $48 :shock:

So far my #1 concealer is still the Estee Lauder ! Especially for those bright red marks and brown spots. It's great.

I've been using the Dermablend concealer in the little pot and apply it with a lip brush (or even a q-tip would probably work). It covers beautifully and seriously lasts all day. It hasn't broken me out, but I put it ONLY directly on pimples and/or the red marks left over from pimples. And this little pot I have is about 3 years old (gross, huh?), but I still have over half left and it doesn't have a weird odor or anything. Might buy a new one though just so its a bit "fresher". Oh, and I would NOT recommend putting this under the eyes - its way too dry for that. :)

OH, and I just wanted to add - you need VERY little. I just tap my lip brush or something similar into the pot, then tap that on the back of my hand until hardly any seems to be left, then just tap directly on the offending spot. :)

I've been using the Dermablend concealer in the little pot and apply it with a lip brush (or even a q-tip would probably work). It covers beautifully and seriously lasts all day. It hasn't broken me out, but I put it ONLY directly on pimples and/or the red marks left over from pimples. And this little pot I have is about 3 years old (gross, huh?), but I still have over half left and it doesn't have a weird odor or anything. Might buy a new one though just so its a bit "fresher". Oh, and I would NOT recommend putting this under the eyes - its way too dry for that. :)

OH, and I just wanted to add - you need VERY little. I just tap my lip brush or something similar into the pot, then tap that on the back of my hand until hardly any seems to be left, then just tap directly on the offending spot. :)

I myself really like Everyday Minerals concealer. I have read good things about Colorstay products. I've also read good reviews about the Mary Kay concealer.

I'll go ahead and move this to cosmetics and style forum. :)

I would only use mineral powder on zits tbh. Anything containing oil is going to make them worse.

I use a sponge applicator to apply it.

Everday Minerals in Intensive Fair or Medium. it covers exceptionally well. sometimes i'll use Boi-Ing by BeneFit - that's another good one too!

Thanks. Where do you get it from?

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions!

I was wondering if anyone could maybe answer my initial question?

I use Cover Girl Invisible Cream Concealer. I read that it has Isopropyl Palmitate in it which is comedogenic and can aggravate acne. It doesn't seem like it has made my acne worse. Should I therefore just keep using it even though it has a comedogenic ingredient in it?

maybelline coverstick! Just make sure that you get one of the new ones that are oil free (the old ones are mineral oil based) simply because the new ones last longer on the face :)