Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Find_me_a_cure_pls

Acne scars ruin your looks True?

I can remember like it was yesterday only 5 yrs ago when i was 15. i had the most perfect skin.people even told me i was too pretty as a boy.I had no rough outlook whatsoever and i wss a little concieted picking up all the girls even though i was a rude self centered son of a b# the girls were attracted to my good looks, so to everyone out there don't believe what they say girls do most definately go for your looks initially.I was at my peak at 16 when i started to break out.I'd ask my mum over and over again if she would by me some products to tone it down a bit.She finally got some clearasil after 2 weeks however this is not always the anser to my problems as it irritated my skin more.In the blink of an eye my looks went down the drain and i slowly became a hermit.What made it harder was having to move from the city to the country me a pimply faced boy with dark olive skin as i'm a halfcast tongan european had the huge challenge of trying to make friends in the southern highlands where they would consider me as a "colored" person which mad it so friggin hard having to deal with bad acne plus racism.I used to pick my pimples like crazy as it being a huge impact on my life going from a little pretty boy who could well of been a professional football player or even a top model as i have the high def cheekbones and tall beautiful body (so I've been told) and a really handsome face(from what i've been told) to a shy not oputgoing person who regualry dose'nt go out anywhere in fear of showing in harsh lighting lol.(stupid ay but thats my messed up head).I Have moderate scarring on small portions on the left and right cheeks which you can barely notice in normal lighting but put me under a ray of light and its like whoa man geez did you pour acid on your face or something lol.It really is a day to day challenge thinking about what could've been if only i did'nt pick damn it.I look at sime of the actors and models and can honestly say that i am better lookin than at least 80 percent and thats from what my dad told me.I don't know how to vent out these frustrations other than here i've tried counselling but those shallow retards could'nt give a crap about physical scarring only emotional scarring with social or relationship problems.I can verify this all because despite the scarring i've been called a gorgeous looking fine man on numerous occasions so its not just in my head i will try and post a pic thanks for listening sorry for rambling this Forum has given me hope thank you all.

Mate your story freaked me out as it is so similar to my life. I got all the same comments "your so good looking you should be a model" "your so handsome" etc and these weren't from family members these were just strangers who saw me at the shops or beach so I know where your coming from.

Is the feeling you get kind of like: scars are so unfair because these other less attractive people can improve their appearance but scars are impossible to remove and very difficult to improve? Your not alone as I'm sure many people on this forum used to get the same kind of comments pre scarring.

For example i was in the city about 2-3 weeks ago i saw this absolutely beautiful girl, light brown hair, big blue eyes, great figure, amazing bone structure but also noticed she had some acne scarring on her cheeks and although it didn't take away from her looks i felt a huge pain in my heart knowing that she has to deal with this kind of crap which is so hard to deal with and she had everything else most girls want but the only problem she had is one which can't be fixed.

So yes it is unfair but i think part of what we need is better coping skills something which i'm really trying to work on.

Your not alone in how you feel.

Mate your story freaked me out as it is so similar to my life. I got all the same comments "your so good looking you should be a model" "your so handsome" etc and these weren't from family members these were just strangers who saw me at the shops or beach so I know where your coming from.

Is the feeling you get kind of like: scars are so unfair because these other less attractive people can improve their appearance but scars are impossible to remove and very difficult to improve? Your not alone as I'm sure many people on this forum used to get the same kind of comments pre scarring.

For example i was in the city about 2-3 weeks ago i saw this absolutely beautiful girl, light brown hair, big blue eyes, great figure, amazing bone structure but also noticed she had some acne scarring on her cheeks and although it didn't take away from her looks i felt a huge pain in my heart knowing that she has to deal with this kind of crap which is so hard to deal with and she had everything else most girls want but the only problem she had is one which can't be fixed.

So yes it is unfair but i think part of what we need is better coping skills something which i'm really trying to work on.

Your not alone in how you feel.

girls used to tell me i could be a model too. what are we all frickin models here?

well, that was then, and this is NOW! now, i couldn't even model for proactiv, my skin is so dam bad. ha. even acne commercials wouldn't want me. no need to dwell on the past though. just makes me pissed.

i think, for the most part, it's not the acne/scars DIRECTLY that takes away from someone's attractiveness. i think it's more indirect...it's how it affects you psychologically. which is shown on your face.

like, i get pissed when people stare at me, even if they're fine ass honeyz. i think they're lookin at my scars, but let's face it. they're really, probably not lookin at my scars. i don't think people notice right away, basically cuz they're not expecting to SEE scars when they look at you. so, instead they're lookin in your eyes.

anyway, i get pissed or uncomfortable (on a bad skin day). and it shows on my face. and i look really frickin ugly when i'm pissed. i think most people are.

if you look pleasant (like, a good person) and/or confident, i think people are more attracted to you. UNFORTUNATELY, it's hard to feel confident w/ people when i can't even stand to look at my dam self in my own mirror in the privacy of my own apt. can't really blame a dude...

bugz 2 cents

Whoa.

That's my life story as well. I get so angry thinking how goodlooking I'd be if my face wasn't ravaged by acne and scars. Also, I mostly blame my mom, who didn't give a shit enough to get me any medicine. And don't bnlame yourself, I doubt it would matter if you picked your acne or not, I think some forms just scar no matter what.

I've decided that the way to go is fillers. Acne scars are mostly holes. Gotta fill 'em up with something.

I've browsed thru this gallery and have to say that A LOT of the people on here look like models. So while they may have acne scars, I don't think it takes away one bit from their beauty. And i have seen tons of gorgeous people with acne scars. And the scars don't take away one bit from their beauty.

Guest sm_oore

i think it does, well on me at least.

I'm already ugly, but now i have to deal with scars?

I guess it depends on the person......I mean if i see a person with scars i wouldn't think it takes away their beauty.

I know what you mean buddy, and the the person up there about the gallery , yea they all do look like models.. just makes me feel worse about myself ,

totaly well i think they have totaly ruined my looks. totaly ruined any confidence i did have too.

tbh tho i never did get any comments on if i looked good just all bad bad eh. :| so im used to it really, most the time i go about just feeling below everyone else, forever checking if i look some what ok when i can too. i dont really go out at all either.. my life so far has bin crappy, start uni in a few weeks not expecting much of an improvement. :(

I know what you mean buddy, and the the person up there about the gallery , yea they all do look like models.. just makes me feel worse about myself ,

totaly well i think they have totaly ruined my looks. totaly ruined any confidence i did have too.

tbh tho i never did get any comments on if i looked good just all bad bad eh. :| so im used to it really, most the time i go about just feeling below everyone else, forever checking if i look some what ok when i can too. i dont really go out at all either.. my life so far has bin crappy, start uni in a few weeks not expecting much of an improvement. :(

Hi everyone, this is my first post ever, I've been viewing the forums for a while, but haven't felt the need to enter anything yet; but now I do so here goes. I've had acne for a couple of years but only really scarred on two occassions once two years ago and last year. Both times I had stopped using medication to control my acne, for various reasons. For a while I would beat myself about it and think to myself, "if only I didn't stop my medication, and if only I didn't push my body so hard..." but in the end I realize that it makes no difference. No amount of what if's is gonna make my situation better. I have scars, like it or not. I used to get all these suicidal thoughts thinking that I'd rather be dead than have to put myself through the torture of having to look at all these perfect skinned people being happy; but I decided that since I'm not the kind of person that would actually take their own life, I forced myself to let go of that pain. Everyday is a struggle, but I force myself to not think about my scars as much as possible. I don't look in the mirror really which helps me to forget. I find that when I forget, everyone else does too. When I make it an issue, chances are people will notice. As for dating and romance, I'm a big believer in there being more than meets the eye in every person. Because of my scars I've decided to work 2-3 times as hard on who I am beyond my exterior. I try to be a better, nicer, more caring, goal oriented and accomplished individual. In the end I believe that people who are worth your time will see the beauty that is beyond the exterior and they will love you for it and when they do, the only challenge left is loving yourself. I think in the end that is the hardest thing for all of us. Loving ourselves despite our disfigurement is incredibly difficult; I just think about all the people who have lost limbs, or other senses, or have been handicapped in any other way and I can imagine how difficult it must be for them to accept themselves. I know that I am ten times harder on myself than anyone else is; if my friends accept me for who I am despite these scars, why can't I accept myself? I think deep down it points to this unhealthy connection between the idea of being accepted and loved with being attractive; after all attractive things get all the attention and things that draw attention must also receive love.

I think it's pretty obvious that that isn't true, but if you don't believe that I challenge you to work towards accepting the truth that one's true worth and value lies within. I think we all create our own value and worth, people who hide behind their looks live behind a facade that will eventually come to haunt them. But when you develop your inner beauty through cultivating your actions and thoughts I think you'll find that the kind of inner peace we all need to continue fighting the lies and crap that mainstream media and our society seem to bombard us with.

Just my 2cents, hope this made some sense.

Btw. I also was quite attractive before my scars, I've just decided now to be the shit in every other way and any girl who has the balls to get past the looks will be blown away :surprised:

that confidence...is sexY!

for the most part, i came to terms w/ my problems. but once i'm in public, if that frickin light hits me at that one angle (which is pretty much any angle in my case, let's face it), i feel all exposed like the world's got it's fat eyeball on me. i swear i feel like my heart skips a beat.

i travel a lot. what if i wanna bring a gf w/ me (i need a gf 1st, but that's besides the point). frickin airports have SO MANY big ass windows. that lighting just ruins my day. it's worse than if i stood directly in the sunlight.

but yup, i think we're our own worst enemy. except me. my skin really IS that shitty...

im sorry but i think you are too full of yourself. yes you have problems like the rest of us, butyou are too conceited. You say your problems are only physical while people tryin to help call it psychological...guess what its both.

Well I know how ya'll feel because I feel the same way. I was always kind of shy (even pre-acne) but four years ago when I started getting large cysts and scars I basically became a hermit. I mean I wasn't a supermodel before by any means, but I was attractive and I was confident. And responding to other posts on this topic, confidence makes a hell of a difference. If I see other people with acne/scars I generally don't really notice if they carry themselves with confidence; I just wish I could be more like them. Or if I see people with skin problems who are obviously not confident, my heart kinda goes out to them because I know exactly how they feel. I guess I have good days where I do still have confidence and know that I am still attractive, but I also have days where I would rather not go anywhere at all. I do wonder though when people look at me if they see me or if they are just looking at my scarring.

I do wonder though when people look at me if they see me or if they are just looking at my scarring.

Is this the "Im up myself and im not ashamed to say it" forum?

This is the most disturbing post ive seen in acne.org.

"pretty boy who could well of been a professional football player or even a top model as i have the high def cheekbones and tall beautiful body (so I've been told) and a really handsome face"

"I can verify this all because despite the scarring i've been called a gorgeous looking fine man on numerous occasions".

I hope for ur sake that when u post ur pic, the guys and girls of this forum reaffirm ur chiseled cheekbones and godlike looks.

While its true girls are at first attracted to a man's looks, its quickly overshadowed by wat kind of man is behind those looks. Think about it buddy.

HOPE112 seems to have the right idea "I also was quite attractive before my scars, I've just decided now to be the shit in every other way and any girl who has the balls to get past the looks will be blown away".

Is this the "Im up myself and im not ashamed to say it" forum?

This is the most disturbing post ive seen in acne.org.

"pretty boy who could well of been a professional football player or even a top model as i have the high def cheekbones and tall beautiful body (so I've been told) and a really handsome face"

"I can verify this all because despite the scarring i've been called a gorgeous looking fine man on numerous occasions".

I hope for ur sake that when u post ur pic, the guys and girls of this forum reaffirm ur chiseled cheekbones and godlike looks.

While its true girls are at first attracted to a man's looks, its quickly overshadowed by wat kind of man is behind those looks. Think about it buddy.

HOPE112 seems to have the right idea "I also was quite attractive before my scars, I've just decided now to be the shit in every other way and any girl who has the balls to get past the looks will be blown away".

Although the OP obviously talks arrogantly about himself, I can understand where he is coming from.

When online, I have been told, "you could be an actress! you could be a model!" But alas, they cannot see the scars that I deal with in real life, and people don't compliment like this in person. So, in a way, I totally agree.

It's frustrating when you feel like you have potential, but because society judges so harshly on the most obsurd, miniscule flaws, it's almost impossible to strive for those types of careers that heavily require perfect looks.

fu#*..an arrogant easily offended aussie who thinks i care if hes better looking than i am.

And i think most people with half a brain can easily translate "high def cheekbones" to chiselled cheekbones...its the same thing.

Hey, we could focus on the bit where u said... "tall beautiful body"? and ur calling me a poof?

Thanks for the response anyway, my initial point wasnt to say u were lying about anything u said, its great if its true. Just a shame about urshit attitude, and u just proved my point by calling me a poof like a 10 yr old would and then you honestly thought id care if ur betterrr lookingggg thannn meeee, r u serious man or wat?

ive been reading this forum for the last couple months bc it seems like this is the place where people really understand my problems. a year ago, i didn't have any confidence issue despite my acne scars, i excelled at work and school, and i had a girlfriend who was very supportive. now, out of the blue all the confidence has evaporated for reasons i am still trying to understand. i now have low self-esteem and looking back on the past year i feel like it was a stint of amnesia because i didn't worry about how i look. now all the awkward glances that I passed off and tucked away are haunting me. i have tried everything to make myself stronger spiritually and emotionally, but at the end of the day, my desire to have normal skin and be attractive to women again is taking over everything. it occupies my mind more than thinking about sex, and thats the truth. desire is a tough flaw to overcome for everybody.

insecurity about acne scarring is really stupid at first glance, but for the people with scarring, its a very real problem, with a lot of real pain, and its hard to compare it to other problems people face because it is so stupid and meaningless, yet it has changed my personality in ways that i truly regret. right now i have a fear that i will never completely overcome these insecurities and will have to live with them for the rest of my life.

i feel that i have come a long way, overcome a lot of hardship and tragedy despite my scars, but at the same time i have to admit that my scarring and self image is probably the toughest issue that i have had to face psychologically. it's really stupid to think this considering all the problems in this world, but for me i am just being honest with my thoughts and emotions.

fu#*..an arrogant easily offended aussie who thinks i care if hes better looking than i am.

And i think most people with half a brain can easily translate "high def cheekbones" to chiselled cheekbones...its the same thing.

Hey, we could focus on the bit where u said... "tall beautiful body"? and ur calling me a poof?

Thanks for the response anyway, my initial point wasnt to say u were lying about anything u said, its great if its true. Just a shame about urshit attitude, and u just proved my point by calling me a poof like a 10 yr old would and then you honestly thought id care if ur betterrr lookingggg thannn meeee, r u serious man or wat?