Notifications
Clear all

certain deodorants bringing on acne

MemberMember
(@soccerfan987)

Posted : 08/29/2007 7:49 am

I just recently changed deodorant brands and I noticed that my acne got worse. Does anyone think that certain deodorants can worsen acne with any of the ingredients it has in it? the fragrances and stuff. It may be a totally crazy idea but has anyone els experienced it or think it can be possible?

MemberMember
(@alvo)

Posted : 08/29/2007 9:38 am

I was in the deodorant aisle the other day and a lady was talking about how she could only wear deodorant without antiperspirant...and that wearing an antiperspirant would cause her to break out(she was probably in her late 30s early 40s). I don't even think deodorant without antiperspirant is available for women anymore even though there are lots of antiperspirant-free deodorants for men. The only one for women that I know of is Lady Speed Stick Crystal Clean...which is pretty much impossible to find in stores.

Yes, I think it is possible.

MemberMember
(@aroused-guy)

Posted : 08/29/2007 11:54 am

Anti-perspirants have aluminum as an active ingredient. This ingredient can lead to alzheimers in some studies. If it can lead to alzhemiers, it could cause your acne to flare

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 08/29/2007 12:03 pm

Deoderant? Are you talking about the stuff you put on your armpits or are you talking about something else, Im lost =/ How can deoderant you put on your underarms lead to acne breakouts on your face

MemberMember
(@aroused-guy)

Posted : 08/29/2007 12:18 pm

The stuff you put on your armpits. The aluminum in antiperspirants can go into your bloodstream therefor it may cause a reaction such as a rash...possibly acne.

MemberMember
(@lovelyone_nat)

Posted : 08/29/2007 12:31 pm

crazy. so what are we supposed to do? smell bad? i think thats even less attractive than acne. (i have moderate acne by the way... so it dont look that great)

MemberMember
(@soxyroxy)

Posted : 08/29/2007 5:20 pm

I use Crystal Body Deodorant stick, I like it. You need to apply twice a day if you need a lot of protection. Sometimes over that I use a natural deodorant with grapefruit seed extract. You can find lots of natural deodorants online. Some are terrible and some are ok.

MemberMember
(@mikkaellandsberg)

Posted : 03/05/2018 11:03 am

I use Invisible Spray by Old Spice.
[Removed link]

MemberMember
(@betty92)

Posted : 03/05/2018 12:04 pm

It's possible to find an allumin free deodorant. Some companies produce them - Weleda, Yves Rocher, SoapMe, Logona, Green People etc.