Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crmercuryoss

Okay so I have a question, kind of long, bear with me

So I've had acne since I was about 15 and am 20 now. I've been thinking about this for a while and I need feedback from people to see if this theory of mine makes sense or if you all think this is possible. I've been on Dan's SCR for about a year and a half now.

Do you think its possible that people my age on the skin care regimen have already outgrown acne, but the constant washing and applying of benzoyl peroxide on the face has just stimulated more oil/sebum production therefore actually prolonging acne instead of stopping it? In other words, if they were to stop the SCR, would the skin stop producing excess oils and be balanced at last, resulting in acne-free skin, or at least not as bad skin, because the skin DOES need certain amounts of oils to remain balanced, oils that are quite possibly stimulated by constant washing and benzoyl peroxide application?

I too am a 20 year old male, I got acne around the age of 14-15. I used to use tons of products, benzoyl, all the OTC acne products, esp neutrogena 2% salicilyc acid. Now, I dropped all the products and use only fish oil, primrose oil, and flax seed oil pills with a gentle cleanser: Urth white tea and ginseng. (Surprisingly, my cleanser has TEA Lauryl Sulfate but doesn't cause me to break out! :surprised: )

Now, I stopped all the other acne products I was using and my acne is starting to leave. On my face currently is 1 pustule, and 1 scab from a pimple i popped like an idiot and it bled. That is all. I believe this is helping me as I am starting to outgrow acne and I figured I would just let it run its route. Everyone is different though, so take caution because if your not growing out of it it will suck. I figure in the next 2 years I will be acne free :) (same age my dad had his moderate-severe acne leave)

Just so you know, my acne used to be moderate-severe, and now its super super mild ;)

Take care buddy hope that helped.