Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I'm looking into buying Dermalogica acne clearing products and I was wondering if anyone has tried this? If so, did you like it, or was it just okay, or did you hate it? Thanks!

Ive never used this stuff before but I was just looking at their website. One of their cleansers is $43! Thats insane! I guess I wont be using that cleanser ever

yeah, the stuff is pretty expensive, and i had never even considered using it. but i got a gift card for PureBeauty, so i figured "why not?" it keeps my friend pretty clear, so hopefully it'll work for me!

yeah, the stuff is pretty expensive, and i had never even considered using it. but i got a gift card for PureBeauty, so i figured "why not?" it keeps my friend pretty clear, so hopefully it'll work for me!

I use Dermalogica sunscreen for my face,

as we must not forget to protect our skin against the sun, and we must prevent that our acne scars become "burnt" into the skin!!! (Sry, my English is not great, hope u know what i mean)

Sun block factor is 30 I guess, and what makes the Dermalogica product so good is that it has a non greasy formula (unlike all other sunscreens), you cannot get acne from it!

It also smells great!

Aaaah...summer!

I'm trying to remember where I read it, I think it was a Paula's Choice review, but I've heard bad things about their overnight acne clearing gel... I'll see if I can find it....This isn't what I read about the acne clearing gel... But, figure I'll post it anyhow.

https://www.beautypedia.com/brand.aspx?id=99

Dermalogica

Dermalogica’s name implies a logical relationship to dermatology, which makes it sound as if you are getting serious skin care. The subtitle on their products is even more commanding: “A Skin Care System Researched and Developed by the International Dermal Institute.†But what is the International Dermal Institute, you ask? Are there any dermatologists there? Apparently not: The International Dermal Institute is a Dermalogica-owned school for aestheticians who want an education beyond what is required for their cosmetology license, and the classes are taught by aestheticians.

Does the professional atmosphere of the school associated with Dermalogica mean better products? The proof is in the pudding, and this pudding is, for the most part, just Jell-O, not chocolate mousse. A company so concerned with skin-care education should be ashamed of itself for offering so many products that damage skin with known irritants and, more egregiously, offering so many sunscreens that lack sufficient UVA-protecting ingredients. Dermalogica’s education-oriented, serious-minded, and clinical positioning doesn’t mesh with the majority of their products, and is on par with tobacco company executives teaching an aerobics class.

According to company history, the reason Dermalogica products came to be was that founder Jane Wurwand could not find a spa-oriented skin-care line that met her criteria. She was dismayed that so many skin-care lines aimed at the aesthetics market had products that contained alcohol, artificial colors, fragrance, mineral oil, and lanolin, ingredients that she believed had a well-documented history of problems. That’s true for fragrance and alcohol (and artificial colors to a lesser extent), but mineral oil and lanolin have no documented history of causing skin problems. If anything, quite the opposite is true. Further, if Dermalogica’s founders were so concerned about potentially or definitively harmful ingredients, why do their products contain so many of them? Where is the research proving that lavender oil, camphor, balm mint, arnica, ginger oil, and citrus oils are helpful for skin?

For a company that brags about what its products don’t contain, they’re unusually suspicious about any requests for ingredient information. My research assistant repeatedly contacted Dermalogica (as a consumer) and was told that questioning their ingredients was strange and “a very odd request†by every person she spoke to. They also thought it strange that she asked if certain products were discontinued, a very common occurrence and a natural question from a consumer who likes a particular product or range of products.

For more information about Dermalogica, call (800) 831-5150 or visit www.dermalogica.com.

Dermalogica At-A-Glance

Strengths: Good eye-makeup remover; a combination AHA/BHA product; a couple of commendable moisturizers.

Weaknesses: Expensive; almost every category has one or more products that contain irritating ingredients with no established benefit for skin; poor sunscreens; no products to comprehensively address the needs of acne-prone or hyperpigmented skin.

I've tried them all I think.. That was when my acne was really BAD, like 2 years ago, and I can't see they still have all those products, at least not in Norway. I guess they helped some, but I don't really know how much cause I tried so much shit back then. I would say it's worth a shot, but don't get addicted to expensive products if they don't work, cause it's a huge waste of money, I've been there.

My sister uses it and swears by it.

She's got very mild acne though, she usually never has more than one or two actives on her face ever.

I have tried quite a few dermalogica products. My favourites are Precleanse and Daily Microfoliant.

Precleanse is an oil to use before cleansing that breaks down make-up and grime. I use this when I've been wearing a full face of make-up, always makes my skin feel really nice and clean.

Microfoliant is an exfoliant that removes dead skin cells using fruit enzymes instead of grainy particles. I love this product, I find it so much more gentle than any other exfoliator I've tried before and it seems to be helping my redmarks.

I've tried two of their cleansers, Special cleansing gel and Anti Bac, and I thought they were pretty average. If I had to choose I'd actually say the special cleansing gel is better than the anti bac. My acne was actually at it's worse while I was using the Anti Bac wash.

only use that stuff if your acne is mild - i used it also when my acne was at its worst and it did nothing. The overnight acne medication stuff made my acne worse.

Its also an expensive way for little result.

I think the worse thing that you can do is try lots of different products over a short period of time. I know ive been there and its so fustrating and demoralising.

The point where you will buy anything or give anything a go is a dangerous time because when you are at that point after suffering for a long time then no shelf products are going to work. Its either time or Accutane - I chose accutane. Im clear now after 12 years moderate to servere acne. Although I am clear Accutane does take its tole on your body and your skin does become slightly different - I used to be olive skinned but now Im much more white and my skin is very sensitive. Overall I would still go with accutane again but there's a price.

If its time then the best way is just to keep it simple - small amounts of the products you use 2 times day max. Also get rid of your mirrors in your house and try and forget what you look like. Squint when you view yourself to keep it blurred and keeps lights on low!!

i dont care about reports or reviews i just go by my skin and how it has responded to the products.my skin is clear if its coincidence or stops working i would be the first to stop.

i dont have a problem paying money for good skin care and i will always buy this if it continues to keep my clear ,its worth it.

i do thinks its expensive and i understand that some people may feel its alot but i really think its worth it. i have always use their sun care and i have been told by a dermatologist that i have very good skin from a age point of view and shows no signs of sun damage. i have used the medicated clearing gel too and i didnt like it i thought it was to harsh.