Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
near

Ugh ~ Week 5

I'm currently on my 5th week of DKR, and i'll admit that my skin is much better then it has ever been. But one problem continues to exist: My acne comes and goes. Just last week my skin was at an acceptable level, but just starting this sunday, BOOM. Its tuesday now, and my face has made a turn for the worst! I'm up to a full finger of BP, and I.. I just don't know, it comes and go. I think today was worst, because I developed a cyst near the bottom of my cheek which was HUGE, and very unheard of, as I usually never get them. And now my cheeks near my nose has turned broken out badly, and just ugh..

Wow! You just described me almost perfectly. Today is the first day of the 5th week, and 4 days ago my skin was doing good, now break out city (and schools tomorrow.... I can always count on acne to screw things up last minute :lol: ) Anyways so yeah I know EXACTLY how you feel. Your definately not alone on this one. I also had a HUGE cyst (in my chin area). Man that thing had a life of its own!!! Going away now though thank God!! Sorry I kind of made this about me. My point is I'm right there with you, and if you ever need to talk or vent I'll be here. I know we're both going to pull through this, I'll be praying for you :)

Ha, thanks so much. Its very relieving to know that i'm not alone in this, and thanks for the prayers, i'll return the favor as well :)

I also have school pretty soon (next week), so of course my skin is going to work over time to screw me, haha.

No problem, thank you as well. But hey you never know you could be clear in a week. With this regimen you never know. I'll have a break out then four days later all traces of it will be gone. Oh the cycle never ends....

I pray too that I don't have a huge whitehead on the first day of school. I'm actually thinking about being a dermatologist...seeing that I'm studying skin care lol

It'll get better over time. Your skin looks awesome some days, not so hot others, and it can be pretty discouraging to see such promising results only to have them ruined by some random new pimples. Your breakouts will gradually become milder and less frequent, though, until they're not happening very often at all and are nothing worth caring about. 5 weeks is pretty early into the regimen, so just keep being gentle and using a good amount of BP, and eventually your patience will pay off.

Its good to know that these results are normal right now. I'm giving the regimen a good 3 month trial and its only just been 1 month so fingers crossed.

I pray too that I don't have a huge whitehead on the first day of school. I'm actually thinking about being a dermatologist...seeing that I'm studying skin care lol

That would be me. I've only been to the derm once, and that was more then enough to let me know that derms aren't worth it. First off, my derm had very clear skin, and his personal experience with acne was zero. He grew up not ever knowing how it felt to have a pimple, and thus, doesn't know how serious it really is.

He gave me a whole bunch of useless info, stuff that I already learned from this site, and all together, it was just a waste. If you find a good derm, thats great. But each and every person's skin is just too different. So many things work for some people while fails for others.

[

Your replies always make me laugh :lol:

i was getting random spots until about the 7th week like you have said, but now im amazed im clear and getting no acne, your probably almost there

Hello everyone in this topic!

I've already said it a bunch of times, and I'll probably say it a few more times, then just get bored of coming onto this board because I just keep saying the same thing.

I'm into my third month and I am clear and happy, but when I started the regimen, weeks 4,5,and 6 were just the absolute pitts for me, as you all are going through now. So please keep up with the regimen! I'll be honest and say that some days, I don't even get around washing my face twice a day (I have a very active toddler) and I'm totally impressed by how clear I stay. When I was in the weeks you guys are in, I honestly wanted to quit, but I am glad I didn't. My skin was too sensitive to do the regimen twice a day so I cut down first to once a day, now I don't do it every day and I even cut it back to 3/4 of a finger, and like I said, I ocassionally don't even get around to washing twice a day (but it's not like I'm recommending this). The reason I cut down was because a few weeks ago, I saw another poster who had done this regimen for 4 years, then tried to cut down and got bad results. I didn't want my skin to get too addicted to the BP and be regretfull years down the road for using it. Someone said to me once (not skin related though) "Everything in moderation".

I'm clear, I'm not red, I'm not flaky, and I'm satisfied w/ my skin and I know you all will get there! Best, best, best of luck to you all!

Thanks so much for that reply Janubug! It's just what I needed to hear. That break out I had is clearing up already :dance: If acne's taught me anything its patience.

All you "posters" are so kind....it's making me all emotional! =P

Anywhooo, I'm also on week 4 or 5 and I have the same problem...skin is a lot better but, besides my chin, I get an occasional cystic peemplay (say it, you know you want to...). But, thanks to this post, it seems pretty normal! Then again, Dan did say to expect some breakouts still and from reading some posts and looking at the "before and after" pics it seems to take a few months to acheive skin that is consistently clear.

One more thing:

http://acne.org/whattoexpect.html

im only on week 2 and my skin is looking the best its ever been

im dreading the next few weeks if your experiences are anything to go by!!