Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soul78

Ibuprofen ok for sore joints?

I'm on month 3-4 of Accutane, currently upped to 50mg/daily the last couple of weeks and my joints are getting sore. My back is rather stiff when I get out of bed and if I have my feet up watching tv and then get up my ankle joints etc. are really stiff.

Never had ths before, can I take ibuprofen daily for the stifFness? Is this something I should tell my derm about or is it pretty common.

I'm really into fitness and working out but quit the gym when I started Accutane to avoid over exertion and prevent injury on joints. I plan on going back when I am done the course and am just going on some walks or hikes a few times a week for exercise and watching what I eat for now.

yes you can take it. my dermatologist told me if i got joint soreness just to take some motrin (which is the same thing. i didn't really have any problems with my joints though while i was on accutane.

I think benadryl would be better. I dont know if you get this reaction but whenever I take advil, I have horrible stomach upset and Im on the toilet for hours :lol:

^ Benadryl is for allergies. It won't help pain except by putting you to sleep (at least that's the effect on many people).

Ibuprofen is fine as long as your doctor says it's ok to take while on accutane. Most of the time, you'll be okay taking most any regular over the counter stuff, but you really should check with your doctor first. Sometimes one person's labs indicate that they need to be more careful about OTC products than other people.