Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yxalag42

Isn't diet just as important as the skin regimen?

I know for a fact that a correct diet can help clear up acne, but what is it? It's not the same for everyone there is no doubt about it. I breakout massively from taking multivitamins, so I think I might need to do a log. But what about exercise, surely those are the big three?

diet, exercise, and hygiene?

I know for a fact that a correct diet can help clear up acne, but what is it? It's not the same for everyone there is no doubt about it. I breakout massively from taking multivitamins, so I think I might need to do a log. But what about exercise, surely those are the big three?

diet, exercise, and hygiene?

diet and exercise definitely play a role in treating acne...hygiene less so.

diet seems to play a very large part for me. I very loosely count my calories and try to keep my intake around 1200 daily, and it always clears my face up for as long as I maintain that diet. While eating regularly I'm prone to mild break outs.

I can only speculate why. It would be easy to assume that by simply lowering my intake of food, I'm regulating my bodies oil and sebum production. The energy just isn't there to maintain what my body regularly produces. Or it could be that my eating less also means I am maintaining a lower glycemic intake and that is the root of my problem.

Or maybe my hormone levels are reduced just enough by a low cal diet that it keeps my skin clear. I can't know

We can easily draw correlations to our habits and our skin, but we can never really ascertain the causation, our bodies are just too complex, and acne research is probably not much of a priority for medical science.

That being said, if something works for you, do it. I've had tremendous luck just cutting out refined sugars and eating reasonable portions.