Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DannyLovesParis

Anyone have advice for sesitive skin?

My skin is really picky. Like I will try something and it will make my skin really worse! :?: I tried Proactiv for a while and it was ok but when i ran out of money to buy it my skin was worse then before i used it. Then recently I tried PureZone from Loreal and now its the worse my skins ever been. I am almost 18! I just want me acne to go away!!!!! Someone help me!

try Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser , it is very gentle and it will not irritate the skin , if u feel that u need some more cleansing use at PM , a foaming cleanser like Neutrogena .

Yep, I tried the L' Oreal Pure Zone stuff too once. Total shit in a bottle at about $8 each for the cleanser, toner, moisturizer. A total waste of about $25. Ivory soap and witch hazel is probably better than that worthless crap. The cleanser felt nice though and smelled good. But the toner, moisturizer, and blemish remover were the worst products I've ever used next to Murad. It made my face look awful. Terrible stuff and they even advertise that it's for acne. If you want to really screw your face up then I highly recommend L' Oreal Pure Zone or Murad.

I have been using a liquid natural cleanser called Alba Botanica, herbal foaming cleanser, "cleans, refreshes and conditions, hypo-allergenic". I bought it at Trader Joes like around $5. It is great stuff. Main ingredients are goldenseal, calendule and aloe vera. It is easy on the face and after 2 months, I have had no irritation from it. You might like it. Avalon Natural Products makes it too. I just got the toner at T.Joe's they make and I like it too - very gentle.

Karen

I agree, Pure Zone sucks! I used it for a while, and it dried my face out SO bad. Salicylic acid does absolutely nothing for my skin though. The only good thing about that Pure zone stuff, is the tingly cold menthol feeling when you wash your face.

Mercer

Thax for the tips everyone. Yeah I gave the PureZone to my brother. Does anyone know what could dry out my pimples in a few weeks? I am taking my senior picture next month. Any advice? Home remedies that worked for you? Let me know! :X

Alba Botanica is ok but Avalon Lavender Cleansing Gel is better because it contains more natural ingredients and is a little more gentle .