Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Officially started my Sotret today(technically yesterday). Finally...After a whole month to contemplate the side effects and growing excitement. Woo!

Sooo...

Day 1:

Nothing to report. Considering what these pills can do to you I think it's kind of ironic that they look so much like little orange Jelly Bellys. Too bad they don't taste like a Dreamsicle.

goodluck my tablets are half pink and half white, so they dont look very yummy.

Hopefully you won't be still getting breakouts into the 3rd month like me! but expect it to get worse before it get's better, but clear skin is on the way! yay for you

Honestly, I don't care if I'm still getting breakouts 3 months in as long as I'm clear when my time is up. After all, I've put up with my acne for about 8 years now. A few more months won't kill me.

Day 2:

Notta. I've got to admit though I'm pretty nervous about the fact that it's going to be even easier for me to bleed from now on. I'm pretty accident prone. And my cats are demons from the pit. I don't think they're gonna give me a break just because I'm on Sotret. :cry:

MY cat is a crazy woman she got attacked by a dog when she was younger and now sometimes she hears a noise and fully attacks and I have two big claw holes where she got me luckily though I hadn't started accutane then, so yeh I know what you mean....it's like living with a tiger.

True I have had some form of acne since i was 16 I'm now turning 23 I guess though I looked better before I started accutane then bam maybe that's why it affected me more emotionally, some people have a smooth ride, hopefully you will!

Well I'm crossing my fingers!

Yeah, there are times when I look at my arms and hands and it looks like I've just fought a losing battle with Edward Scissorhands. Although...that's not entirle my cats' fault. I also have dogs (my avatar is my golden retriever, Loki. :D) and I volunteer at the local animal shelter. So, I guess I'm just setting myself up to get injured.

I wish you the best throughout your treatment :D. I've been on sotret for about a week now...and I know what you mean about living with crazy cats lol! My cat Zoey attacks me like she's a wild animal! I even have a bite marks on my fingers...ankles...feet :eh: ..not to mention my sugar gliders with those insanely sharp nails! Ouch! Oh well though you gotta love 'em ^_^. BTW Loki is such a cutie :)

Wow...sugar gliders. I always wanted one of those when I was younger. So, have you noticed any changes yet? I think I have...which bring me to:

Day 3:

My face is getting a little dry. When I yelled at my cat for being a ninja, my lips cracked so I had to run and put some lip balm on. I hadn't even noticed they were dry. Also, today I realized that I haven't had a new spot on my face in three days. I suppose this is the calm before the storm because there's no way in hell I'll be lucky enough to avoid an IB. We shall see.

Get some bistex lip ointment nothing works like that...

And neutrogena sensitive skin moisterizer saved my dry peeling skin.

I know it's a relief when you see your cat sleeping! no crazy behaviour

I have Blistex umm...Lip Conditioning...something...I stole it from my brother. It makes my lips all tingly. And I haven't actually had to use mosturizer yet, but I have some Cetaphil waiting in my medicine cabinet. I think I'll need it soon.

Day 4:

My face is clearer than it has been in a really long time. No new formations. The old ones are shrinking and disappearing. My face is only a little dry, there hasn't been any peeling or anything yet. I'm not going to get my hopes up. I'm waiting for all the bad to start so I can hurry up and get it over with. :whistle:

Best of luck to you ender :D I'm sure you'll walk right through this thing with minimal side effects and smoooooooooth skin! I started my treatment the same day as you hehe

Heyhey,

I'm 35-or-so days into my therapy (at circa 0.5mg-per-day-per-kg), and I think that my initial breakout is finally on the way out. My acne is mild-to-moderate, so what I consider to be a nasty breakout will differ from someone with more serious disease, but my cheeks broke-out pretty badly for the first three-to-four weeks. And although I'm still getting spots, they're not arising any more frequently than they did before starting my therapy.

I'd advise you to put your skin out of your mind for the next month - it'll probably, though not definitely, look crap. But it's a phase. It'll pass.

Day 5:

Nothing new since yesterday. Mine was also mild-moderate when I started. Now it's practically non-existant. I actually went shopping today and didn't cringe every time I encountered a mirror. So, YAY...for now.

Days 6 & 7:

So, here come the first signs of the storm. My face is starting to break out. I've had 4 or 5 pop up in the last two days. Is there any kind of spot treatment I can use while on Sotret to make them go away faster? Also, my back has already gotten pretty bad, but seeing as how swimsuit season is over this isn't a very big problem. I'm using mosturizer and lip balm pretty regularly now. I'm prepared for the worst.

Day 10:

No changes. I haven't really broken out. Anything that pops up disappears pretty quickly. And starting tomorrow my derm wants me to double my dose. So, I'm going from 30mg to 60. This should be fun, eh?

Doubling your dose will probably make your skin a lot dryer. I recommend Aquaphor for your lips. It's made Eucirin (sp?) and you can find it right by all that stuff. It's amazing. No lip balm can compare. I'm still figuring out which lotion I like best for skin. Good Luck!

I'll definitely look for some. My medicated stuff isn't working anymore.

Day 13

Yeah, and I thought my skin was dry before. Mosturizer is definitely my new best friend. Still no real break out though. At least not on my face. My back is still pretty spotty. Oh, and in case anyone's interested Cetaphil Mosturizing Lotion works great on legs. :D