Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
otterlove

tca latte log

Hi guys. I convinced my mom to buy a TCA Latte from Perfect Complexion for us both to try. Julie was really sweet and gave us tons of samples especially for our skin type! Anyway I have a ton of red marks due to a mega breakout which is more or less under control with antibiotics + topicals. However my scarring is really bad! I am starting school in a week.

Day One:

I put it on right after I got back from the derm (lol, didn't want him to see what I was doing to my face :whistle: ). I was really surprised, it barely stung at all, much less than some SA and Glycolic acid creams even, or even some cleansers! I let it sit there and sink into the skin, which is what is recommended for a more "agressive" peel. The smell is somewhat botanical and the consistency is a very thin milky type...doesn't smell nasty like other acids I've used. My face went slightly red afterwards but in a few hours it was back to normal and actually looking pretty good, considering. I even got some in my eye since the pump bottle sprays everywhere - and guess what, it didn't hurt a bit! I don't know if that's good or bad news...I applied it two more times later in the day since Julie said you could apply it up to 3 times in one day, and my face was hardly irritated at all. I tried an SA peel recommended by a post here that was supposed to make me peel, but I didn't! I think my skin is pretty tough and now I'm having doubts that I'll peel at all. I'm also going off any topicals and cleansers to make sure nothing is interfering with the peel.

Well, here's hoping I can look beautiful before school starts :dance:

Day 2, morning:

Today my skin is really dry and flaking slightly around the more damaged areas where skin is thinner. I didn't expect it to have an effect this soon! I'm going to go steam my face to speed it up. Maybe if it goes this fast I can do a couple of peels before school starts :)

Day 2, morning:

Today my skin is really dry and flaking slightly around the more damaged areas where skin is thinner. I didn't expect it to have an effect this soon! I'm going to go steam my face to speed it up. Maybe if it goes this fast I can do a couple of peels before school starts :)

Day 2, afternoon:

Hi guys, thanks for your support. I decided to put on another layer of Latte because I do want a stronger peel than just flaking - I was getting about the same amount of flaking this morning that I do on a mild retinol. And in some areas, I was not flaking at all - this might be because I focus more on the damaged areas.

So far I don't think it's helped with red marks...the flakes are very thin and not peeling a substantial amount revealing new pink skin...maybe I should have gotten the TCA comple or the Apeel thing, but I didn't want to mess around with such a powerful acid. Anyway it has only been one day so I can't tell.

Also my mom is not peeling at all but her skin is even tougher than mine and I think she put some products on it which slow down the process. Well, let's see what happens tomorrow. I'll probably put on one more layer before I go to bed. I'm hoping that this will work on the already half peeled skin and make a stronger peel.

Day 3:

I put on a couple more layers last night but I also washed my face because it was feeling very greasy from not washing it...I probably should not have done that. Anyway it was getting to the point that it was stinging pretty bad when I put it on, like a glycolic peel, so I thought, something MUST be happening!

This morning my skin is very tight and dry, like if I smile it wrinkles up, sort of like what happens when I put too much BP on (I don't use it anymore but the effect is similar). I don't remember "peeling" from that but then again I was washing and putting on creams and lotions and so on.

I'm going to try some warm compresses to help the peel. My facial steamer broke, grr, but hopefully the compresses should help things along. I don't think I'm going to put any more layers of latte on - I'll just see how it goes. I don't think much is happening but my red marks aren't getting any worse at least.

Day 3 cont.:

Change of plans. Warm compresses and soaks only seem to make the peel *less* prominent. I am actually peeling around my nasal fold though, but I think my skin is not very thick there.

I'm just going to use up the rest of the solution over the next few days - it doesn't seem to be hurting anything and I may possibly see results with a more aggressive approach.