Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tom1985

Please help... Whiteheads around the mouth..

Hi there,

I am a 22 year old male. For the past 3 years now, I have had this same symtom. I have many white heads that often develop into spots just underneath the corners of my mouth on both sides. I can't understand it. I've tried everything, been on various cycline (tetra, mino etc...) pills from my doctor, changed various foods, changed all the products I use and have tried everyway with products to get rid of them.

They always appear as little bumps under the skin which can usually be squeezed out as puss but sometimes they can't.

I've seen a dermotologist who offered my RoAccutane but I've heard so many bad stories about it and the fact that you can't drink for 6 months is too far for me... To be honest these spots/whiteheads aren't actually that bad it's just that is the ONLY place on my whole face that I get them, except for the odd one once in a while... Hence why I make a big deal about it...

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much for reading.

Tom

they say if u sometimes drool while brushing ur teeth it can cause zits on the side of u mouth (the same happens to me)... to help it ur supposed to use a basic toothpase... but i dont like those... so i just put BP on them.

thanks for replying.

BP?

Yeah I heard toothpaste can be a cause dude to the high flouride levels around the mouth... but come on 3 years... I'm not that messy when brushing my teeth.. hehe

hmmm.... It could be hormonal, in which case try taking a saw palmetto tablet a day. A 320mg one should do.

Otherwise, it might be irritation from shaving, in which case you could try growing a box beard. If you do, keep it clean.

Also, you should go to the local health food shop and buy a more natural, fluoride-free toothpaste. Mine's called Aloedent or something.

That's all I can suggest.

Yeah but that has it's downsides...

I always avoid the area where I have them whilst shaving, but do sometimes get the shaving foam on the area... I always thought it must be something to do with either what I'm eating, shaving or brushing teeth as it's too strange that I only get them in those two places.

I have about 5 whiteheads on each side under my mouth which can usually be squeezed out but then it levels my skin all bobbly and red for a day or two and then they just come back in the same place again.

Also with the toothpaste, losing the flouride element, isn't that detramental to teeth though..?

Thanks for the replies so far.

Tom

hey i had the exact same thing around christams time but also with spots on my cheeks n forehead as wel. now 8 months later im 99% clear, believe me, ur not stuck with this. i changed a few things with my lifestyle and my face cleared completely within a couple of months.

1. try the acne.org regimen-this is the single best thing for stoppin spots.

2. temptation is to touch and feel the affected area, just dont as it spread bacteria.

3.its possibly hormonal so take evening primrose oil or cod liver oil (not 10g a day like some suggest, one pill a day will be enough)

4.exercise is the best thing a person can do for their body, and this includes their skin.

oh n about the toothpaste thing, try not to let it get on your skin, but other than that i think blaming the fluoride for acne is going a bit far.

follow my steps and u will get clear. good luck