Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
near

This vid pisses me off

That was a good piece. Actually hearing a dermatologist say "an ingredient is an ingredient is an ingredient," might debunk the fancy advertising for some people.

But . . . all the people were basically clear . . . even the third girl . . .

lol, imagine the poor girls with ACTUAL acne, "zomg look at the ugly spots its so disgusting " said the host, I'd fucking sue if I lived in USA, people shouldn't be allowed to say that sort of shit.

For me it's the same it's like saying something fat and disgusting just becasue they are overwieght. Doubt they would say that on tv.

well they would neva use ppl with real acne on these kinda shows coz they know most of the time over the counter products wont work and only antibiotics and other prescriptions would work which take months to work..................

lol, imagine the poor girls with ACTUAL acne, "zomg look at the ugly spots its so disgusting " said the host, I'd fucking sue if I lived in USA, people shouldn't be allowed to say that sort of shit.

For me it's the same it's like saying something fat and disgusting just becasue they are overwieght. Doubt they would say that on tv.

Here is why it pissed us off: The anchors were condescending in their views, and the people they interviewed didn't have any goddamn acne!!! They were like "omagosh I got three little dots" They have no freakin' idea what acne really is...

It's true I didn't post why this vid pissed me off. I appreciate the fact that they tried to make an attempt to discuss acne, but they were very unprofessional, and none of the fucks there even had considerable acne. The 3 girls "before" results are what I strive to get.

The anchors were very unprofessional as well. It was like throwing a stone at my heart, everytime they made their comments on acne.

Everytime those anchors made comments on how ugly the girls' acne was I just thought to myself "well if they think those 3 dots are sooo ugly, what would they think of my acne?"

I thought someone posted this video before? :P Might have been a different video with the same basic content... robotic girls going insane over invisible "acne". I honestly did not see any difference between the "before" and "after" pics... but maybe my eyes are just bad.

Pisses me off too. ;)

ok, i watched that video again, and there is absolutely nothing offensive about it. i think you guys are waaay over-reacting.

WTF? They think THEY have severe acne? What I would give for the skin the first girl had...

And the second girl, "stephanie". Maybe its just Youtube but I dont much of an acne problem.

And that final girl... Im not so sure thats cystic acne,.... it looks pretty mild to me.

yawn. i just rolled my eyes. i mean i've seen this type of shit for years so i don't bother getting really angry over it anymore. i'm sure most of those people would get a rise if they knew i was upset over them. people's narcissism and ignorance never surprises me. btw aren't the celebrities incredibly conceited? they're nothing more than rich, in your face, assholes. i'm sure those girls are as well considering they went on national television like that. certainly not worth paying much attention to. lol

Who cares? Acne is ugly and just because they didn't have severe cystic acne doesn't mean it doesn't affect them. I don't think people should have to walk on egg shells because you guys are easily offended.

They show girls with very mild cases of acne because their acne will definitely disappear. They wouldn't get someone with real acne, then try to medicate him/her, wait for the results for a few weeks while the deadline nears, only to find that there's no result at all!! That's a waste of their resources and would mess with the point that they, for some reason, want to get across: that acne is curable, and very easily too. It's definitely not true. But as a media student, I know that journalistic pieces are not objective and stuff, sometimes they decide what they want to say with a piece before actually going about doing "research".

I would kill to have skin like those hoes

ewww acne!! Lyke, zomgosh!!11!!1

3 girls trying out acne fighting methods to find the best, now thats scientific.

You guys are dumbasses. OMG they called acne ugly on TV!!! Waaaaah waah. Guess what, like a couple other people have already noted, it IS fucking ugly so deal with it. No one wants to have acne because it's UGLY.

You guys need to realize that there aren't all that many people with really bad acne who are nearly as sensitive to the topic as you guys are.

a 7 minute advertisement... i didn't expect to find anything useful in this.

just listen to the backing tracks they have playing the whole time, not a very serious take on the issue.

You guys are dumbasses. OMG they called acne ugly on TV!!! Waaaaah waah. Guess what, like a couple other people have already noted, it IS fucking ugly so deal with it. No one wants to have acne because it's UGLY.

You guys need to realize that there aren't all that many people with really bad acne who are nearly as sensitive to the topic as you guys are.