Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
m00sie

Has anyone heard about/had one of the new bodywave perms?

Theyre not like a grandma poodle perm :D but more like the type of curls you would get from a curling iron...kinda big and not as ringlety.

Im really curious to see how it would turn out and whether it would last? when i last spoke to my hairdresser about that type of perm (about 8 years ago) she said the curl would fall out really quickly because the curl is too big? but im guessing technology has improved in the last 8 years.

my girlfriend gets those every few months. She has long, very thick, fairly straight (some natural wave but not much) and the body wave works great. It probably doesn't last as long as a poodle perm would, but she's gotten it done probably four times and likes it.

thanks for that post! hope you dont think im too cheeky for asking..but do you have any pics of what her hair looks like? or if you see her alot do you reckon you could get a pic? even just of the back of her head? dont worry about it if its too much trouble, or she doesnt want strangers looking at her hair :)

n40301617_30671161_8522.jpg

She is the one on the right. I believe the perm in this pic is old, maybe a couple months. She just got one like two weeks ago, I'll ask her for a picture. Its not a big deal. Right now she's fighting a fire but she'll be back soon.

body perms definately don't last as long, but they aren't anything new!! it just basically means yr using a much larger rod. also, it's hard to get it to look like it would if you ran a curling iron through it. so don't expect perfection. i do lots of body perms and people bring me these pictures of hair done with a curling iron, and i warn them not to expect that. it will be close, but not quite. they always get a little disappointed when they realize they still have to work with it some to get the look they want. but they definately help it last longer when you style it too!! i usually get one every few years just for something new.