Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

I have many hypertrophic(raised) scars on both sides of my face. I'm currently getting steriod injections while orally taking ampicillin and topically putting erthromycin on my raised scars, on top of that patching Neosporin silicone sheets. My first injection had the most improvement, however after two more I don't see much improvement, For those of you experienced with this kind of scarring should I continue this regimen, what works the best? Any Do's and Don'ts????

Posted

Hey, I am in the same situation as you. Steroid injections have not done much to improve the appearance. I have jawline scarring. Where is yours located and is your current regimen working?

Posted
Hey, I am in the same situation as you. Steroid injections have not done much to improve the appearance. I have jawline scarring. Where is yours located and is your current regimen working?

Posted

well, i have ONE, UNO hypertrophic scar, it's on my shoulder. which sucks balls, cuz sometimes i wanna wear a tank top. it look like a big ass mosquito bite. except it's hard (not soft), and it's been there over a year.

i use apple cider vinegar on my back, and i can almost SWEAR that it's been reduced in size. but don't get your hopes up yet. i'm working on a photo log of acv's effectiveness on my back. if it works, i will let you all know. w/ pix to prove it.

but if it doesn't work, there's no point in posting pictures, right? right.

Posted

do any creams like mederma work? I think I saw a thread on here before about a few weeks a go but cant find it

Posted
do any creams like mederma work? I think I saw a thread on here before about a few weeks a go but cant find it

Posted

I have approx 4-5 injections at the scars and I was not impressed with the results. My derm was charging alot for the injections, so I decided to look for other alternatives. How much were you being charged?