Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have mild acne. It's as simple as that. Nothing too bad, just a few pimples, a whitehead every now and then, and some red marks. But my acne literally controls my life and will do so in the future. My parents, both around age 50, have very bad acne. My dad is plagued with red marks, scars, and acne. His face is worse then mine.. My brother continuously gets pimples and white heads that are extremely prominent. My grandparents, ages 85 and 82, have acne. Most of my cousins have acne.

Everyday, I take 7 pills, 6 of which are meant for acne. Everyday I spend an hour and a half in my bathroom doing my strict regimen. And everyday, I am worried what others think of me. Getting the courage to ask someone out is agonizing. I love to swim, yet I know it will dry out my skin so I won't go near water except in the shower. I have to plan my day around my acne, deciding when I should exercise, party, or even just go outside. If I do not do these things, my face will immediately break out with whiteheads.

Due to my genes, for the rest of my life, I will have to let acne control me. I will always be worried how I look, what I do, and how I do it. :cry:

Welcome to the org! Hope you find lotsa help and new ideas and stuff here. As for your situation, yeah that sux. I understand completely. Everyone asks that question. All I can say is that you should seiously check out this sites various cures and methods. And keep an open mind to the various regimens, you never know what might work.

Yeah, I know what you mean by acne controlling your life. I just got acne over the summer. Most people go back to school with their new haircuts or new tans and I get to go back with acne. I haven't been outside much this entire summer because my medication makes you suspectible to sunburn and I'm afraid my sunscreen will clog my pores and it's sad to just see the summer going away.

I wish some of my relatives had acne. Then I wouldn't be so jealous of all of them. :| I'm glad mine doesn't seem to be connected to genetics though.

Sorry to hear about your situation. An hour and a half a day is certainly a long time, and I know how its like to worry about what other people thing. Must be very frustrating. On the bright side (if there is one)... at least it's only mild? ;)