Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweetheart519

spiro sexual side effects? alternatives to spiro?

Hi all...I visit my derm tomorrow. She asked me to watch my breakouts so she can see if they are hormonal. Well, it seems that they are. I have a feeling she is going to put me on spiro as she mentioned putting me on a drug that helps stop hormones from affecting my skin. I will talk to her about the risks and benefits, and how safe it is, but I am concerned about several things so I have a lot to think about.

I'm into my 5th month of birth control which should fully be helping my skin in about a month or so. But I was wondering, and I will ask my derm tomorrow, are there any other alternatives for hormonal acne other than spiro and birth control? Just curious. Anyone have negative sexual side effects from spiro? Thanks!

I'm on 100mg of spiro daily for the past five months. I haven't experienced any negative sexual or emotional side effects from spiro. I have had those side effects from birth control pills though.