Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dacrow

facial pads without harmful ingredients

Hello,

I think i finally found something that works for me (or did a while ago, but was dumb and stopped doing it), which is a combo of the don't drink with a meal combined with a specific diet. Anyway, I'm still using:

Neutrogena rapidclear pads

Clearasil adult acne treatment (the tinted one with sulfur)

After reading around on the internet, I kind of want to switch to a product with the same effect (mostly for the pads), that has NO HARMFUL INGREDIENTS.

http://www.dermanesse.com/Dermanesse/Artic...abels/index.cfm

Here is an example of one such article that disturbed me.

Soooo... does anyone know something that could achieve the same effects as 2% salycilic acid face pads or the sulfur/resorcinol one,but WITHOUT alcohol, PEG, etc.?

(I'm currently looking into non-chemical alternatives like the baby brush thing and stuff, but ideas are appreciated.) Thank you!

EDIT: I should note that though these products dont irritate my skin really (the pads used to make my face a little red for like 10 minutes but now its only like 1, and it doesn't sting at all, and the sulfur one doesn't seem to irritate at all), they still have harmful ingredients.

Hello,

I think i finally found something that works for me (or did a while ago, but was dumb and stopped doing it), which is a combo of the don't drink with a meal combined with a specific diet. Anyway, I'm still using:

Neutrogena rapidclear pads

Clearasil adult acne treatment (the tinted one with sulfur)

After reading around on the internet, I kind of want to switch to a product with the same effect (mostly for the pads), that has NO HARMFUL INGREDIENTS.

http://www.dermanesse.com/Dermanesse/Artic...abels/index.cfm

Here is an example of one such article that disturbed me.

Soooo... does anyone know something that could achieve the same effects as 2% salycilic acid face pads or the sulfur/resorcinol one,but WITHOUT alcohol, PEG, etc.?

(I'm currently looking into non-chemical alternatives like the baby brush thing and stuff, but ideas are appreciated.) Thank you!

EDIT: I should note that though these products dont irritate my skin really (the pads used to make my face a little red for like 10 minutes but now its only like 1, and it doesn't sting at all, and the sulfur one doesn't seem to irritate at all), they still have harmful ingredients.

Have you tried the Neutrogena Illuminating Micro Derm pads? I love them, they exfoliate well leaving your face feeling clean and soft! After continous use its supposed to have the same effect as a Mircordermabrasion treatment, if that is true I don't know as I've never had microdermabrasion done, but I love the results none the less. And I don't know if you are a boy or girl but it removes makeup really well also.

Yes! Devita Acne pads...search the company on the internet under Devita cosmetics and check out the ingredients in these. They contain 5% salicylic acid as well as glycolic acid, aloe vera, and witch hazel....They are awesome, unfortunately they became too harsh for me to use for my rosacea skin but while they did work they worked really well!