Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
linmonell

my acne research

Interesting, but what's wrong with healthy fats? They're not "so-called healthy" fats...they ARE healthy fats!

Also why recommend red tea? Does that have more antioxidants than green or white?

Hi, I have done a lot of research lately and decided to put it together into an article. You can view it here if you like:

http://www.thresholdthree.com/as

I hope someone may find it helpful. Any feedback would be great as well.

-Lin

I'm glad you went to the trouble of researching all of this but I must say you come on strong about the Diet thing. For you and For whoever reads this you must understand some people have acne because of there diet. But thats only a very small percentage the majority of teens have because of hormones (Over developing oil glands) And easily clogged pores (Genetics). The problem is for the people that have the Diet don't realise they do and the people who have the Clogged pores/hormones think they do and waste there time making these diet plans. The trick to clearing your skin up and they only trick is to find out why YOU have acne and then attack the problem. Me for instance I have done many tests with diet I've tried High protein diets, Low fat Low carb diets, High Carb High Sugar based diet and I've had a pretty consisent go of acne. So for me I wouldn't bother with my diet because I know it doesn't have anything to do with it. I know for a fact I have it because of 1 Genetics (My mom and My dad both had it) and Because of hormones And at this point the only thing that is likely going to help me is either Accutane, Vitam B5 (i'm looking into) or Fish oil to help control my oil production and hormones.

I've been googling diet related acne lately and I've had a hard time finding any research. Does anyone have links for real scientific studies involving diet and any kind of acne? Even allergic reactions.

I can attest to diet causing some inflammatory acne - if I eat fried foods like chips, I will inevitably wake up the next day with one to three new pimples (this is guaranteed - I kept a log over 2 months). Recently I've been taking 9 capsules of flax oil, 1 of borage, 1 of primrose before bed (see someone's thread in this forum, I've forgotten what it's called), and it's helped completely stop the inflammatory acne (the whiteheads with red surroundings). I do try to stay away from fried foods also because they're bad for you.

As for allergic reactions, I am allergic to dairy and seafood. When I accidentally eat it (or for the enjoyment :doh:), I get red spots that don't come to a head, and also my face gets redder overall.

Acne is caused by many problems; diet is not necessarily one of them. However, I would suggest staying away from foods you are allergic to, and also ones that seem to have a correlation to your acne. To test this, try keeping a log of when you get acne and everything you eat for a month.

I'm not saying this is your problem, but dairy often has negative effects on people's acne.

Thank you all for your feedback so far. I understand my article won't fit everyone's situation. But for those it does help I am truly happy. Cases vary from person to person.

I wish you all the best.

-Lin