Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
majin

green cream (specifically light and retinoid)

so apparently light cancels out retinoids, is it ok to apply them under a normal ceiling light in my bathroom for like an exposure of 2mins at most? ive been kinda getting really paranoid about applying green cream while im in any direct light, so ive actually been putting the hall light on to just give me enough light to see in the bathroom while im applying it -.-

getting annoying now though so im just wondering if it will be ok to put it on under a normal light, anyone know?

Take a look at the last post in this thread: http://www.greencream.com/communityboard/t...p?TOPIC_ID=1151 and this one http://www.greencream.com/communityboard/t...sp?TOPIC_ID=813

Apparently the degradation process happens gradually. Applying in normal lighting conditions for 2 minutes or less will not completely deactivate the cream. I personally would not worry =]

I've been putting it on at night time only, and normally I have the light on while I am doing so. I think it's fine (no sunlight at night time is there).

I believe other retinoids like Differin will degrade in light, but GC is different where you can put it on with exposure to sunlight as long as you have a sunscreen on. Did you check out the long GC thread? Lionqueen was using it in the morning and evening which probably means it doesn't degrade or deactivate in sunlight.