Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rx

Breakfast, Lunch... supper?

When do you take your Accutane?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which meal do you take Accutane with?

• Breakfast
    • Lunch
    • Supper

If you take accutane once a day, when do you take it?

I don't think it really matters which meal/when you take it as long as it's consistent? I start Saturday, and am thinking I will take it at dinner time since that time is pretty consistent, where breakfast and lunch wouldn't be since during the week I get up earlier for school, and weekends I sleep in.

I'd like an option: Whenever I feel like it, because it really doesn't matter when you take it during your day. It also doesn't matter if you're consistent or not, since it's your total dose that counts. It's not a birth control pill either. You could stop for 2 days and resume your course with no downsides.

There alos needs to be an option of twice a day. When I was on Accutane I had to take it twice a day because of the high dosage I was taking. I got a little AM/PM pill holder so I would remember to take my meds twice a day and it was nice when I went out of town and stuff.

Used to split mine (morning and night), take straight after my meals with a handfull of nuts, seems like it made the drug absorb to well though!!

Unnamed is right... accutane is not like the tetracycline family. just take the pills with the meal that has the highest fat content. as for me, i purposely make my breakfast contain a lot of (healthy) fat and just take it then.

Im taking it at lunch cause thats when I wake up usually because its summer still but i go back to school in a couple days. So ill probably start taking it with supper when school starts

I started off on 20mg a day, taken in the morning with breakfast. After three weeks I was already putting up with majorly dry skin + lips and so applied the dubious logic "if I take it before bed the side effects will hit me when im asleep so il be fine by the morning' and guess what...it seemed to work! Now, having been on 40mg for a couple of weeks, my dryness is about the same as it was when i was on 20mg but taking it in the morning.

Im not for a moment suggesting that the logic I applied actually works, its just a nice coincidence. It may have something to do with the fact that I discovered aquaphor around the same time that i started taking my dose in the evening....