Notifications
Clear all

Please help! IPL or Nlite? Ive tried everything else!

MemberMember
(@202020)

Posted : 08/27/2007 5:03 am

I am a 23 year old female and have acne since I hit puberty. I have tried everything!!! Spend an absolute fortune in the process. I have been on accutane twice (when was 16 and again when I was 21). The second time my skin was amazin....but I have since relapsed as the dermatologist had warned me may happen. Ive also tried herbal remedies, chemical peels, omilux blue light. I own a BeautySkin box which I am currently using and this is my 10th week. It has made an improvement but I am still not confident enough to go without make-up. I use top of the range products as well.

As a last resort I am considering laser. However, my knowledge on it is limited and I was wondering if someone could help me. In my area I can have either IPL or Nlite but am not sure of the difference and which one works best. Can someone please please please advise me? I am getting so depressed at the amount of money Ive spent to still not have the results I was hoping for! My acne is still sore and really red. It concentrates at either side of my mouth.

Please help!

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@njc6)

Posted : 09/29/2007 12:53 am

hopefully you get this message. Im very clear now and what I take is an adrenal support formula, 6 neem tablets, and 50,000 IU's of beta-carotene every day (Herpanacine) you can buy on amazon.com. this in addition to constant fasting and avoiding salt has completely stopped my acne. since your acne concentrates around the mouth, avoid dairy. The laser treatments that will work would be epione in Beverly Hills; its the mother of all treatments. go to epione.com

MemberMember
(@superstarbaby)

Posted : 10/02/2007 4:38 am

Hi,

I have recently had Nlite treatment, it has not helped at all. In fact I would say my acne is slightly worse than before.

I had a course of three treatments on my entire face (with microdermabrasion before) with a three week gap beetween treatments.

I think it is just luck if it works on you, the derm told me 'Either, it will work, it wont work or it will get worse' Hmmm why did I part with A1000? Well as you know when you have bad skin you will try anything.

I wish I could tell you it is great, but I can't. I hope this helps though.

MemberMember
(@boringlife)

Posted : 10/08/2007 1:06 am

I am a 23 year old female and have acne since I hit puberty. I have tried everything!!! Spend an absolute fortune in the process. I have been on accutane twice (when was 16 and again when I was 21). The second time my skin was amazin....but I have since relapsed as the dermatologist had warned me may happen. Ive also tried herbal remedies, chemical peels, omilux blue light. I own a BeautySkin box which I am currently using and this is my 10th week. It has made an improvement but I am still not confident enough to go without make-up. I use top of the range products as well.

As a last resort I am considering laser. However, my knowledge on it is limited and I was wondering if someone could help me. In my area I can have either IPL or Nlite but am not sure of the difference and which one works best. Can someone please please please advise me? I am getting so depressed at the amount of money Ive spent to still not have the results I was hoping for! My acne is still sore and really red. It concentrates at either side of my mouth.

Please help!

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@boringlife)

Posted : 10/08/2007 1:11 am

Please help!

Thank you.

Hi 202020,

I have also been on accutane twice. About 6 months after I finished the second course, my acne started to return. I went to see another derm and he put me on oral antibiotics. That stopped my acne for about 4 yrs, then few months ago I started to break up around my chin area pretty badly. I saw another derm and he put me on medicated cleanser, topical and antibiotics. I started laser genesis treatment for scarring. Help maybe around 10%. From what I understand IPL are not for acne scarring. I am going to try fraxel next month. You should look into that too. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@r07)

Posted : 10/08/2007 7:21 am

Well i've had 3 IPL's so far for red marks. Theres improvement definantly but i was told i would need about 6 to see full effects. Mines costing A70 per treatment. so all in all its working slowly but surely

MemberMember
(@theman25)

Posted : 02/08/2008 11:10 am

Well i've had 3 IPL's so far for red marks. Theres improvement definantly but i was told i would need about 6 to see full effects. Mines costing A70 per treatment. so all in all its working slowly but surely

were did you get your's done? and does it stop you from growing facial hair because thats hwat ive read,if so then i dont want to get it done.

MemberMember
(@hanskiexo)

Posted : 11/08/2017 9:11 am

Hi I am also a 23 year old female, I have been suffering with acne for 4 years, living in London and I spend on average £200 a month on treatments, ive had ever oral medication under the sun, ive had 2 types of microdermabrasions, dermal roller, skin peels, I see an NHS dermotoglist who is pants but aslo have a private one which is costly! I had my IPL consultation the other day and my first treatment today, my skin feels like its a little sunburnt but hopefully I will see results.

I have tried every acne cream on the market including every acne medicine even herbal vitamin, followed doctors orders the ONLY thing which amazing works is washing your face twice a day with warm salt water and putting simple moisturiser on it and my acne has changed completely, instead of having lumps that take days to come out they come out within 24 hours and wipe away with a warm cotton swab.

I will keep you all updated on progress :) Good luck and I hope this helps :)