Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Q for ppl outta highschool

do u find it easy making new friends outta highschool???

i have friends atm, but i know for a fact their not going to be life long friends or even friends a couple of years outta hs

It is somewhat easier. Kinda. But although people mature out of highschool, the world is still unchanging. That make sense?

most people lose touch with friends from school. it takes an effort to hang onto friendships, its really easy to drift apart once you finish 'having' to see someone every day

i'm still friends with one person from school and im 28 now. we actually fell out over something and then after not talking for about 5 years we met up again and now we're best mates, we're so close now he's like a brother to me. and im really glad ive got a friend like that. but almost everyone else is a distant memory

its even harder after you finish college (although its easy to make friends there) cos everyone goes their own ways, most of them away, many of them overseas, and then at about late twenties everyone starts getting married and stuff and suddenly hanging with your mate just doesnt seem the same anymore when his wife is expecting him home at a certain time. and its hard to make friends when you're my age cos people tend to already have enough friends.. it sounds funny but its true. i had heaps of friends when i was in high school and uni, and now if im honest i dont really have all that many at all, not real friends anyway.

people change and you change and sometimes you realise that you're not actually that close to someone you thought you were close to. but try to make an effort. dont just let friendships slide, ive done it and i regret it.

Both easier and harder. Harder because you don't tend to meet groups of people as easily as you did in school, but easier because people are generally more mature.

Honestly, I much prefer the kind of friends I make now than I did in school.

you seem to get to be more choosy and meet the life long friends once out of highschool. but as far as the huge crew you may be used to in school is not the case when your out. jus usually a few select friends. but fun non the less. well i also had children too rgiht out of school so may be diff for college kids

do u find it easy making new friends outta highschool???

i have friends atm, but i know for a fact their not going to be life long friends or even friends a couple of years outta hs

I have one best friend. He's my husband.

I'm introverted and quite a bit of a loner so I don't 'need' friends. I'm glad to go out with my work friends for an occasional after work drink or appetizer, but that's quite sufficient socializing for me. I'll invite people for dinner sometimes, too. No great friends, but I don't need them, either. :)

I’ve found it harder, I went to a little school and we all had to talk and get along. Now I find it hard, no one seems to want to talk to me unless I initiate it.

Assuming you're talking about college, yes it is easier in the sense that people in college are more open-minded in college. But you still have to put yourself out there, because people aren't gonna cater to you if you're not gonna open up. Just remember that when you go to college everyone gets to start over and start fresh.

and its hard to make friends when you're my age cos people tend to already have enough friends..

This really saddens me because whenever I am with another person I give them my full attention. I show and interest in them and in getting to know them more. I fully engage myself in the conversation and who they are. (Prolly cuz I'm jus' desperate for friends)

But no one else seems to really be concerned with who I am when I am talking to them. Almost like they have better things to be doing or people to be with.

Anyone else ever feel this way?

Life goes on after high school. Whether you further your education or you enter the work force, you will find friends there. There are "social" friends with whom you go out with and "true" friends in whom you can confide your deepest thoughts. Just choose carefully.

One self-improvement book I read years ago suggested to keep in mind several "conversation starting" lines/topics so when you meet someone, you won't be at a loss for something to discuss.

Don't worry too much about friendships. Life has the ability to thrust each of us into situations where we need to interact with others. The success of that interaction only depends on what direction you steer the interaction/relationship.

Always remember to live, love and laugh.

Best of luck.

Must be my blunt, abrasive personality.. It's very difficult for me to make and maintain friends.

Then again, it's kinda like what Iliad posted.. But, giving my undivided attention doesn't last very long for a cynic like myself. As soon as I realize someone is using me for personal satisfaction my brutally honest side comes out whether I gave it permission to or not... I have moments where I cannot believe my own mouth... When I never even saw that coming.

I used to have an X that was constantly late.. Not just with me either. He did it to everyone. I'm talking hours late, it was infuriating.

I asked a psychologist about this in conversation.. The answer I got was.. Isn't it obvious? It makes him feel important.

(sorry, I'm babbling in type)

So, to wrap this up, no.. With people being what they are, me included, I don't make friends easily as an adult...

Though, I am going to make a concerted effort to be friends with a girl from my last job that recently contacted me.

All of my close friends I made in school, elementary and then high school. So to answer your question, at least in my case, it hasn't been easy but then again I really don't want too many friends in the first place.

I've really never gotten out much . . . ever . . . because of depression crap, and I think I'd have more friends if I did things like go to parties and . . . um . . . classes. My best friend in the whole world is my boyfriend, followed by my 2 girl friends. 1 I met in kindergarten and the other at the end of my sophomore year in college through my sorority.

I go to a mega party school, and honestly, I think you really do have to party and drink to find friends easily. Neither of which I do. :( To really be friends, you have to do things together besides party and drink, but parties are the easiest place for initial contact.