Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spoolice

God and acne

So.... Just curious, has anyone tried praying to God for help with acne? And if so, have there been results?

I guess Jesus is busy saving your immortal soul, but does he help anyone out with pimples?

Im genuinely curious... i guess alot of you folk are christian so...

Yes; I have tried prayer. No; it doesn't make a difference as far as I'm aware.

The only way I can think of that God might answer prayers like this is through other people's help. The only improvements I have been able to make in my acne have come through other people's help on acne.org.

Feel free to try though!

lol im not religious in any way, but i dont think thats how it works. if you pray for something and then see if you get it lol, the curiosity about whether it will work or not shows lack of faith and that means god wont do shit for you right?

try selling your soul to satan instead

I don't really think it matters so much to God whether we make a big deal about our acne or not. He has bigger problems, and people with bigger complaints. There is this one part in the bible where it says God doesn't care about the outer appearance, only the heart, so He must be busy seeing who we really are. And isn't that what we want other people to do?

Could this thread get bumped to the Psych Effects forum please?

Acne is God's little joke to remind us not to think about our appearances. Although your cyctic acne may seem serious to you, God actually may think its funny.

The guy with hideous pock marks may make God laugh twice as hard as the people with 200-300 pusy, infected pimples.

then god should not have made our hormonal tendencies towards the opposite sex be strongly based on physical appearence

of course that would have probably meant the extinction of the human race by now

Acne is God's little joke to remind us not to think about our appearances. Although your cyctic acne may seem serious to you, God actually may think its funny.

The guy with hideous pock marks may make God laugh twice as hard as the people with 200-300 pusy, infected pimples.

Lol! I dont know the first thing about faith and god, so. I guess Im a heathen infidel who's gonna burn in hell.

But thats ok! I think im just gonna be dirt when I die, so im not too worried.

lol...god...prayers.....

:)

if there was a god who cared and had the power to do something, you think he would let you have acne in the first place?

same goes for people with cancer or other diseases that are 100x more serious...there wouldn't be a need for prayers cause they wouldn't have such horrible illnesses in the first place

so since we are the products of natural phenomena...we ought to look at natural ways of helping ourselves...not magic words and prayers or voodoo etc

jah hasnt helped me out with my acne problem, its understandable tho. However ive never seen a religous person with bad acne

Even for a believer is important to realize that we're born with free will.

Free will in this bigger sense if lack of interferences wanted or not and living every experience good or bad cause all of them are needed and only through them you can be said to be really free. When Ulisses was tied at the ship so has to be unable to move towards the dangerous sirens the thing he wanted the most, prayed the most, suffered the most for was to be untied and reach the sirens and find there its painful death.

lol...god...prayers.....

:)

if there was a god who cared and had the power to do something, you think he would let you have acne in the first place?

same goes for people with cancer or other diseases that are 100x more serious...there wouldn't be a need for prayers cause they wouldn't have such horrible illnesses in the first place

so since we are the products of natural phenomena...we ought to look at natural ways of helping ourselves...not magic words and prayers or voodoo etc

I feel that a faith isn't so much about the existence of a saviour, but merely a form of reprieve from having to be your own, and only pillar of support. It's psychological, and that stems into the metaphysical. You can will things to happen, and i feel that's usually a result of positive thinking. People underestimate the power of thoughts, and they often mistake their ability to believe in themselves as a belief in a god of some kind. I suppose sometimes we find it easier to rely upon something.

How come a "Nutrition and Health Holistic" thread has become a sort of bashing other people's feelings and beliefs, even if they're completely harmless to everyone and can be tolerated without side effects? In other words, why the cynical and presumptuous ones always feel the need to post even if they have nothing valuable to say? Whatever you say in this thread is IMHO and don't pretent it's otherwise.

How come a "Nutrition and Health Holistic" thread has become a sort of bashing other people's feelings and beliefs, even if they're completely harmless to everyone and can be tolerated without side effects? In other words, why the cynical and presumptuous ones always feel the need to post even if they have nothing valuable to say? Whatever you say in this thread is IMHO and don't pretent it's otherwise.

I was readig something the other week that says acne is an outer effect of a belief we hold about ourselves. It claims we do not approve of ourselves or accept ourselves exactly as we are. Something is going on in our lives that has caused us to be unhappy with who we are or make us feel threatened about our individulaity. And so the body turns this belief into a skin co9ndition for us to see. Everything that happens to us is a direct consequence of a belief we hold. Its an amazing book and makes a whole lot of sense.

Basically, our thought patterns create our reality. If you think about what we think about, it is mainly negative stuff: I hate my job, I don't like the way I look, I don't want to go to work, I never have enough money, I will never find somone to love me....etc. Just look at how we say things, all in the negative. If you are honest with yourselves, we hardly ever think in the positive. This is something we have picked up from society as we have been growing up. It is embedded within us.

In conclusion, the way to change your life is to change your thought patterns. If you change how you think on the inside, it will change your reality on the outside. Try it, it works. Read "heal your life" by louise hays (and all her other books) you will be amazed at what you can cure!

Anything anyone says is a product of their own beliefs. Differing views aren't wrong, they're simply different. All anyone can do is comment, and justify.
oh come on... danny's right, we have a thing called free will. It's not god's fault what we choose to do (smoke, eat Mcdonalds, treat the body he gives us like crap).

That's how life is, everyone deals with their own individual problems. God wouldn't allow something to happen (acne, temptation, getting fired) to a greater degree than we can handle. Plus a lot of times things like getting fired happens as a way of closing the door to one job and only to open it to another even better job/opportunity.

So.... Just curious, has anyone tried praying to God for help with acne? And if so, have there been results?

I guess Jesus is busy saving your immortal soul, but does he help anyone out with pimples?

Im genuinely curious... i guess alot of you folk are christian so...