Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tamziel

Chest Scars, pic included

They look about 10x worse to me when not on a horrible webcam. Has anyone had similar scars like these, 3 of them are pitted quite a bit. Im curious how long it will take for this kind of thing to go away. Btw, they seem quite a bit more red without the webcam.

post-27680-1188201401_thumb.jpg

post-27680-1188201401_thumb.jpg

They look about 10x worse to me when not on a horrible webcam. Has anyone had similar scars like these, 3 of them are pitted quite a bit. Im curious how long it will take for this kind of thing to go away. Btw, they seem quite a bit more red without the webcam.

it's gonna take a couple of days for the pic to be approved but I had huge like, bam bam bam bam 9 huge chest scars from acne and the rest were tiny scars all over the chest/back/body. I was going to post a pic of my almost clear scars, but I can't find my digital camera! anyways, do a regime for your body acne, even if they are just scars, and try out alpha hydrox aha enhanced lotion to get rid of your scars, worked for me.

Ok, I see the picture now. They aren't so bad even if its 10x worse, thats how mine was :). You can use aha lotion, but will take a while to get rid of those scars. Therefore, I reccomend doing this. It's basically ramzey's method of scar treatment, but instead, use a panoxyl 10% BAR, not the wash. I'm not saying the wash doesn't work, but I don't want you to go through a week of torture. In your shower, wash your body with panoxyl 10% BAR. Then after the shower and when your dry. Lather up the panoxyl bar in your hands with a little water and make a creamy-like lather and apply to your body/chest. anywhere with acne and scars on it. Leave it on all day until night and do the same at night. Keep it on till morning, and do it again, panoxyl bar on you all 24/7 for about a week and scrub using a loofah as ramzey mentioned. Your scars might not be gone completely but once it lightens up, then use alpha hydrox aha enhanced lotion daily on your scars and they should be gone pretty quick. You can get the aha lotion from drugstore.com for around 10 bux and the size is big (6oz, lasted me 2 months using it on my chest,back,whole body,face, and neck), considering your not supposed to put a lot on you. One note I just recently found, Panoxyl 10% bar cannot be found on drugstore.com. The aha lotion can be found on drugstore.com. Drugstore.com does free shipping on orders 25$ or more. So if you just buy the aha lotion it will come out to around 16$. The panoxyl bar is around 8$ at skinstore.com with free shipping. Therefore, I have recently found out about zapzyt 10% bar which is around 5 dollars at drugstore.com. 3 of those + aha lotion will mean free shipping (10+5+5+5 = 25) If you were to do the same with panoxyl bar it would be (10+8+8+8+6 shipping money = 40). Just a side note, I read the ingredients and they are pretty much the same, both 10% benzoyl peroxide and both 4oz bars. I hope this helps. Oh, and for scars on your face if you have any, don't do ramzey's method on your face or neck. It will seriously damage your skin.

Oh i forgot to mention that i've been on accutane. Do you think using panoxyl while on accutane will be ok? Or aha?

Oh i forgot to mention that i've been on accutane. Do you think using panoxyl while on accutane will be ok? Or aha?

aha won't have an effect, panoxyl in the showers is fine, leaving it on you for a prolonged time is bad since accutane dries out your skin.