Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marytacker

SAUNA AND STEAM ROOM

My mom thinks it's good to sweat out the acne?? Does that make sense?

I was just wondering if going to the steam room and sauna will make my skin worse.....

Thanks guys!!

<3

i read in a skincare book not to go to steam rooms, or steam your face because it causes inflammation and doesnt help with acne

incorrect, this is very good; it opens your pores.

if your work in the steam room in addition to exercise your all set.

very popular in japan, i remeber boiling in the baths they prepared for us.

The hot spas were even more extreme but definitely loved it; wish i had time for a bath everyday.

oh btw you can even improve your regimine with a quick steam before you do anything.

I did it a few years ago, didn't cure my acne, didn't worsen it, it felt really good though

To the contrary. You will be shocked at the results you will get if you rub an ice cube over your face before applying BP or any other topical medication. The coldness reduces inflammation and allows the BP/whatever to penetrate much more deeply. I can attest to this from personal experience.

To the contrary. You will be shocked at the results you will get if you rub an ice cube over your face before applying BP or any other topical medication. The coldness reduces inflammation and allows the BP/whatever to penetrate much more deeply. I can attest to this from personal experience.

Steam rooms and saunas definitely made my acne worse on the back and chest. I would strongly advise avoiding them. You don't need your pores opened. Also, when you wash the water should be lukewarm not hot.

Since my last post I've been experimenting with hot water. It definitely draws a lot of gunk out of my skin. I think that it would be harmful if I simply opened my pores all the way up and then did nothing else; however, what I've been doing is opening them way up with hot water, and then rubbing in a masque based on glycerin and zinc oxide. I'm seeing improvement, though since I've only been doing this since yesterday it could easily be day-to-day fluctuations!

I took some trips to the banya while in Russia and my face never felt better after. It's a sauna but the birch beating is a blast and it helps your skin tremendously (thats why they're used). Look up some info on the Russian banya, my skin always feels outstanding after going. I'm actually going to build one.

dude, it WORKS.

i've had acne for over 10 years. my face was clear for most of it, but ALWAYS had bacne.

one summer, i had access to a sauna (it was in the house i stayed in over the summer). i'd use it like 3-4 times a week (not for acne, just cuz i liked it). then i'd use that BP lotion from proactiv. that was the only summer in my life (since i've had acne) that my back was 100 % clear.

after i left that house, i had no access to sauna. my acne came back w/ a vengeance. that was 7 years ago. and i've had acne since. i am of the opinion that the sauna single handedly cleared my acne. i'm 100% sure of that. it was the sauna and nothing else.

now, i simulate a sauna, cuz i can't afford a gym that has one. i jog in the heat in winter clothing (i don't recommend that cuz of dangers of heat stroke, if you're not healthy). my back is clearing up nicely.

don't underestimate sweating...gets out the toxins faster. remember, your skin is an organ and that's one of it's functions. getting out toxins via pores.

#1. I am a real person with acne problems (almost clear 90%+)

#2. I use the sauna almost everyday. This is my regime and it works. If you have stubborn red pimples after 1-2 sessions they will reside and go away by day 4. (dont pick or pop).

-before entering: take a luke warm shower

-enter sauna (sit towards the top -- its hotter)

-stay for at least 15minutes (I do 30min)...you will sweat and sweat a lot...the gunk will exit...

-exit sauna

-wash with warm water (to wash gunk off) then immediately to cold for 3-5minutes to close pores

-dry off completely and make sure you are not sweating!

-moisturize!!! (your skin will be dry so hydrate it)

This works for me and I am very thankful I tried. It takes dedication but it works wonders. I plan to write more when time permits.

I wish you could see my before and after...you'd be amazed.

God Bless!

sweat and steam are good. i don't know how it works exactly. maybe the sweat/urea helps flush the pores out.

i got rid of all my bacne with this method. and i had severe bacne too.

my face doesn't sweat as much, so it's always more greasy and pimply.

My mom thinks it's good to sweat out the acne?? Does that make sense?

I was just wondering if going to the steam room and sauna will make my skin worse.....

Thanks guys!!

<3

I like saunas as they simply just feel good. I like taking a lukewarm and then cold shower right after a sauna.

Never go to a sauna if you're rosacea prone or have other physical ailments that might be exacerbated by the exceptional heat.

Dude who works out in winter clothes: Just take a hot bath. Sheesh! You don't want heat stroke. ;)

For those of you that think saunas are great or not so great it really depends on your acne situation. I mean the main problem is Genetics right? I mean Genetics can branch into 3 Definate reasons for acne: 1. Oil Production 2. Easily clogged pores 3. Food Allergies and/or intollerances. So if you are someone who has acne mostly because you produce to much oil then the Sauna might not be that good because in the Sauna your body sweats and this can cause an increase in oil production. If you have a problem with Clogged pores then whatever you do in the Sauna or immediately after is going to depict how your acne gets. Your pores will open and that is a good thing because now they can be cleaned but this also means they are very susceptible to infections or clogging so I would sudgest that after coming out of the sauna you wash with a cleanser or Cetaphil and apply some kind of toner (Help disinfect your pores)

see told you it was good :D

btw

I am from Japan and an acne sufferer too. I go to onsens or hot springs every now and then. I love sauna dry or wet although I cannot stay for more than 2 minutes. For my situation, It refreshes that clog pores and whenever I finish sauna my face feels lighter. I don't have breakouts.