Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rhys

Accutane brands with no peanut oil?

Please advise if you are aware of any particular brands or generic versions of accutance which do not use peanut oil to bind the ingredients.

After waiting 15 years, a new GP, who incidentally is a consultant dermatologist as well, has prescribed me accutane and I am delighted.

However, on arriving home with my box of Roaccutane 20mg after visiting the pharmacy, I was dismayed to find that the product contains peanut oil, and lots of warnings to that effect.

If anyone else has considered this aspect of the accutane treatment and have found a version of accutance which does not contain peanut oil then please let me know!

Please advise if you are aware of any particular brands or generic versions of accutance which do not use peanut oil to bind the ingredients.

After waiting 15 years, a new GP, who incidentally is a consultant dermatologist as well, has prescribed me accutane and I am delighted.

However, on arriving home with my box of Roaccutane 20mg after visiting the pharmacy, I was dismayed to find that the product contains peanut oil, and lots of warnings to that effect.

If anyone else has considered this aspect of the accutane treatment and have found a version of accutance which does not contain peanut oil then please let me know!

Are you talking about the actual active ingredient in the accutane? Or the capsule itself. If you are talking about the capsule ingredient listing then Amnesteem does not contain peanut oil to my knowledge.. I think they use multiple types of vegetable oil, and some soy. Hopefully you are also not allergic to that.

Me too im allegic to peanut oil and for me (in canada) I can't take the 10 mg capsule (peanut oil inside) but I can take the 40mg (no peanut oil).

Its funny that the 10 and 40 mg dont contain the same ingredients.

But be careful!