Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wonderwoman12

Will BHA work for my skin?

My skin tends to be really dry no matter what I do to it, but doesnt really get red or irritated

Also, I have several closed comedones on my cheeks and forehead, with a bunch of blackheads on my nose and chin. Occasionally I get inflamed bumps on my cheeks

I ordered Paula's Choice 2% BHA gel and it should be arriving soon so i wondering if it will work well on my type of skin to unclog my pores/ get rid of my blackheads? If anyone can give me some advice that would be great

I think that it might help you, but maybe not with blackheads. I use the Paula's Choice BHA Gel, Liquid, and Lotion 2% every day and it helped a ton with the closed comedones, but eventually I realized it wasn't removing my blackheads. So now I use Green Cream Level 6 for that, and it's working nicely. Who knows, just the PC may work for you, but if it doesn't I'd highly recommend trying out the Green Cream.

Oh, and the lotion may be better for your dry skin - try out the gel, who knows, you may like it, but if you start peeling, you may want to switch to the lotion.

Good luck! :)