Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cici89

cortisone injection didn't work?

i just got a cortisone injection on thursday on a cyst. so its saturday night and so far nothing has happened. is this normal? do you somtimes have to get multiple shots f or a cyst to totaly go away? thanks

Sometimes if you get the shot too late after the cyst "started," it won't work. (My derm said you can feel the tenderness for a long time before, but need to get the shot within 72 hours of the cyst becoming red/inflamed-otherwise it doesn't usually work well.) Sometimes it might also take more than one treatment. You should have noticed some change by now - even if it was just a minor reduction.

yeah, it got all red and inflamed and then died down and that's when i got the injection. i guess ill have to get another shot

Please try some of the techniques you'll find if you follow the link at the bottom of my signature. Hope it's getting better! :)

im so upset. i got cortisone injections too last friday on some spots n my face looks the same....

wynne, i tried the cyst/pimple procedure n nothing.

my face looks worse today. im startin to think it isnt just acne, theres soemthin else underneath my skin cuz its so itcy n bumpy.

yeah i really don't understand it. ive never heard of cortisone injections being iffy - its always that they work, but obviously are not a solution to acne. once again, it's like stuff works for everyone else but not me :( well i think im going to the derm again tomorrow so hopefully itll work tomorrow!