Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cl smooth

What do you recommend for deleting Red Marks?

Hello,

A 2-3 year veteran of acne.org's regimen. Recently (the past 6-7 months) I have found a cure- use insane amounts of BP.

I load my face up in the morning, and usually spend 10+ minutes rubbing it in.

At night, I use 10% BP and make a mask on my face that hardens. I then put another layer of BP on over the 10% mask and go to sleep.

It's quite amazing, but every now and then, I still will get a pimple or two.

The pimples die quickly, but the red marks feel like they're permenantly seared into my face.

I suppose the mass influx of BP on my face everyday doesn't help.

But I cannot quit BP, as getting rid of acne is priority #1, and red marks are second.

So what do you (the experts of the red marks forum) recommend to me, someone who has a few scattered red marks around the face, does while I continue to load my skin up with BP?

Thanks a lot in advance for the advice.

BP slows the healing process of red marks. I'd probably switch to something else, maybe Retin-A. I've been on both BP and Retin-A, and the latter works a little better. Doesn't necessarily help fade red marks, but it works just as well as far as preventing acne, but it won't make the red marks appear worse.

BP slows the healing process of red marks. I'd probably switch to something else, maybe Retin-A. I've been on both BP and Retin-A, and the latter works a little better. Doesn't necessarily help fade red marks, but it works just as well as far as preventing acne, but it won't make the red marks appear worse.

I thought BP just kills the bacteria and you need an exfoliant like glycolic acid to get rid of the dead skin cells where acne forms.

Anywhoo, I dunno if you can use that much BP...Dan suggests to cake it on but that's 2.5% he uses. I use 10% but apply only a thin layer or so and I don't rub it in.

As for me, I ordered Aqua Glycolic Cleanser...I have a G.A. cleanser right now (glytone) but everyone seems to be raving about Aqua Glycolic so I thought I'd give it a shot. It's also cheaper. I also got the GA peel from Pure Deming so I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow...

I'm also drinking lots of green tea, which I really think keeps acne at bay. No new pimples (knock on wood) since I started drinking 4 cups a day w/ some lemon juice in em...

I ALSO use Aloe, but it doesn't seem to do anything. It doesn't seem to hurt either so I'll keep using it and maybe I'll see results down the road.

I was just about to recommend Aqua Glycolic. I barely had any acne when I was using that cleanser. Unfortunately, I peeled like crazy so decided to go with the acne.org regimen instead. Maybe two months after I am used to the regimen, I will add aqua glycolic back in and use it once a day or something

So do you guys use the Aqua Glycolic cleanser with the regimen, and simply replace Dan's cleanser with the Aqua Glycolic? Or do you use the Glycolic in addition to Dan's cleanser?

Sorry I'm asking stupid questions, I'm just confused.

I was just about to recommend Aqua Glycolic. I barely had any acne when I was using that cleanser. Unfortunately, I peeled like crazy so decided to go with the acne.org regimen instead. Maybe two months after I am used to the regimen, I will add aqua glycolic back in and use it once a day or something

is it bad to switch from retin a micro to 10% BP all of the sudden? could it make my face worst?

im asking this bc im out of retina and i thought i could apply bp instead just for tonight... so is it bad?

I had an initial purge period or whatever when I switched to BP+Clindamycin. Get some more Retin-A right away! I didn't purge when I started Retin-A though...

Or maybe it wasn't a purge and it just needed time to "kick" in.