Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scoobydoobydoo

the new almay foundation that adapts to your skin tone

you know the stuff on TV that looks white when it comes out of the tube and then magically adapts to your skin color.

i always have trouble finding the right foundation, plus my skin color varies a lot between summer and winter> so i had an almost irrepressible urge to buy the almay stuff at CVS.

i found myself wondering if it was an emperors new clothes kind of thing where the cream would stay white, there fore invisible on my skin, and i was supposed to think "holy cow that is the same color as my face" :lol:

i still really wanna buy it tho

so, anyone tried this new makeup? advice would be greatly appreciated

thanx people! the thread will be updated when i try this new make up :dance:

Scooby -

I tried it and it did match my skin well. But I have oily skin and this caused the make up to rub off (ON EVERYTHING) even with finishing powder and I found that it melted easily in hot weather. It might work for you, but it did not like my skin.

thanx people! the thread will be updated when i try this new make up :dance:

Scooby -

I tried it and it did match my skin well. But I have oily skin and this caused the make up to rub off (ON EVERYTHING) even with finishing powder and I found that it melted easily in hot weather. It might work for you, but it did not like my skin.

k guys, i bought it and im wearing it right now

all i can say is holy shit, my face is the same color as my body! :boogie: this hasent happenned to me in a while wearing makeup, and sometimes even without makeup ze face is way darker 4 some reason (but thats another issue)

the stuff feels really light and non greasy when it goes on, another plus

i havent left the house yet though. ill update this tonight and tell yall if it just melted off

note: im afraid it will cuz of what stardancer said, and the bit that was left on my fingers after application rubbed off immediately on whatever i touched

edit: so i just got back from college and a three hour commute, the makeup still looks fine. i didnt do any sports or sweat a lot tho, so ill have to try it out for a few more days b4 rating it.

my face is shiny as hell, but thats the way it usually is. have to look into sme powder or oil blotting thingees

I want to try this coz on my chin and jaw line I have few redmarks and I need to cover them..and cant find a freaking thing that can match my skin tone and look good

My question , is it safe to use? how is the ingredients..I need answers pplz and what shade is best for light skin to medium? and how is the coverage ?

Thanks

I want to try this coz on my chin and jaw line I have few redmarks and I need to cover them..and cant find a freaking thing that can match my skin tone and look good

My question , is it safe to use? how is the ingredients..I need answers pplz and what shade is best for light skin to medium? and how is the coverage ?

Thanks

i know brandy's skin is oily and she said that this was the best on her oily skin at that time. i dunno if she was using a powder to set it though? glad it's working for you!!

i know brandy's skin is oily and she said that this was the best on her oily skin at that time. i dunno if she was using a powder to set it though? glad it's working for you!!

When I wear foundation, this is the one I choose. It works great for me.

But most days I just use powder alone, for the shine control.

And yes, I always have to set every foundation with a powder because my skin is so insanely oily. :)

By the way, Labgirl gave this one her approval.

u think it will be fine for acne prone? i have some on my both cheeks n its very red, should i give it a try? im scared. i have dry/oily skin too. i'd like to know. i dont wana break out more.

I bought it and have only used it once. So far the coverage sucks for me...I have slight redness, nothing serious....but it pretty much gives a tinted moisturizer coverage as far as I can tell. I also am really pale so I need the lightest shades available, and I do think think gave me a SLIGHT yellowish tone.

I had never heard of this before, so I went to look it up on drugstore.com

This is the ingredients list (for the light one - are they all the same?)

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 4.0%, Zinc Oxide 2.1%

Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water, eau), Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisiloxane, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract (grape), Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Galactoarabinan, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Boron Nitrate, Alcohol Denat., Methicone, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Tetrasodium EDTA, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Zinc Oxide (CI77947)

Also - read the reviews at Drugstore ...

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...andFilter=45819

I got it today =) and tried it for a min just to see how it changes to my skin color lol , I think its very sheer so need to use a bit more on the spots I need to cover , but will update later when I wear it for hours.

My mom ended up getting the blush , she liked the idea of it..btw , how is the ingredients for the blushes ?

k i've now had my foundation for about two weeks, and i am happy with it, but i just thought i would add... dont try and mix it with moisturizer!

i mixed it with mine (neutrogena oil-free) and it turned BRIGHT orange

well it does change and match my skin tone but has absolutely NO coverage. just go buy a makeup that is your skin tone to begin with.

thats easier said then done 4 some people. the almay stuff is the best match i have ever found, and ive wasted a lot of $$ on stuff that was the wrong shade. (u know looks a certain color on the bottle, then freakin plaster pale on yer face, or ok on yer hand and then orange on yer face) neways, i agree the coverage is sheer, but i dont mind that, it looks more natural. if i need more coverage i apply a second coat.

I really liked this stuff..but I think it broke me out and now dealing with bumps on jawline and chin =(....My skin cant handle much