Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
willoughby

Acne and Shaving

It seems when I let my facial hair grow out my acne seems to disappear. I dont have really bad acne. But the day that I shave I break out bad. I use a Gillette Fusion razor along with just basic shaving cream. I also clean my face after shaving and apply my BP. I think applying the BP after shaving is causing my face to dry and hence causing the breakouts.

Anyone have any ideas on how to clean my face on the days that I shave? Or any better Razors or Shaving Cream?

fuk shaving give up on that shit, just gives acne an opportunity to come back and shit on you and mock you

if you done shave you beat it you win...1-0 to you....big time fukk off to acne....it will really despise you for not allowing it to develop...but all the better for you...your winning

dont give acne the pleasure of sucseeding in its goal....

hey bro,

i bought this expensive razor and shave cream and sensitive aftershave, and i still get little bumps. but i tried this and it worked best. i use apple cider vinegar (acv) as aftershave. try it out sometime. it might sting a bit, but so does alcohol, so no big deal. just take your shower, shave, and splash acv on your face after you shave. i usually have pimples even before i shave, so i end up shaving those little bastards off. but if i use acv, those pimples seem better, if you can believe that.

BUT, i'd say to try shaving at night when you use the acv aftershave. cuz the smell might bother you a bit, for about 10-20 minutes.

I've had pretty good results with my Good News! disposable razors, gillette. They have quite possibly the lamest name ever, but they are pretty sensitive on the skin.

But I have the same experience, but I think it may not be the shaving that causes the breakout, so much as it reveals the acne underneath. Though shaving can irritate and increase redness.

It seems when I let my facial hair grow out my acne seems to disappear. I dont have really bad acne. But the day that I shave I break out bad. I use a Gillette Fusion razor along with just basic shaving cream. I also clean my face after shaving and apply my BP. I think applying the BP after shaving is causing my face to dry and hence causing the breakouts.

Anyone have any ideas on how to clean my face on the days that I shave? Or any better Razors or Shaving Cream?

Hi!

Do not assume that even the most sensitive, hyper calming foam or aftershave will help you if you have acne. The 2 things are not related. So do not blame your razor, aftershave, etc....

I was thinking the same way, bought ultra sensitive shaving kit (the fusion razors az well) and I was hoping that It would help my acne.....bad track.

Now I have been taking minocycline for 4 months, and I use the most basic shaving kit possible, and my face is 100% clear.