Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sammyd

Oh shit what have I done...

Oh shit... I feel a real fool today. I went out last night for one drink after work that turned into a bender that went on till 7am with copious amounts of alcohol and cocaine.

I can’t believe I was so stupid to abuse my body in that way whilst on accutane anyway!

I am now not only having a come down from hell but my acne is terrible- really red and inflamed and I am worried about what damage I have done to my liver long term.

I have been on 40mg for two days and previous to that was taking 20mg for 2 weeks. I weigh 50 kg.

Has anyone else ever got a bit messed up whilst on accutane? I am so worried about what I have done to myself- should I be?

no mate u shouldnt be worried after taking cocaine, good luck with everything!

You might be lucky and not suffer ill-effects. You should avoid illegal drugs (yes, I am lecturing here. I feel strongly about not taking illegal substances!) You should also not binge drink while on accutane, or at any other time as those types of immoderate drinking episodes hurt the liver and blood sugar stability significantly more than moderate indulgence in alcohol.

You might be lucky and not suffer ill-effects. You should avoid illegal drugs (yes, I am lecturing here. I feel strongly about not taking illegal substances!) You should also not binge drink while on accutane, or at any other time as those types of immoderate drinking episodes hurt the liver and blood sugar stability significantly more than moderate indulgence in alcohol.

no mate u shouldnt be worried after taking cocaine, good luck with everything!

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic...but don't take cocaine while on accutane. It's metabolized in the liver, just like alcohol, and it dehydrates your body.

Bureaucratics and health often have nothing to do with eachother. Id base my concern more on actual harm done. Although in this case its to be avoided either way.

Accutane itself is very harmful and taking alcohol and cocaine will definetely exhaust your liver. Have you told your doctor about it? It may be wise to get your liver check to see whether any damage has been done. Hopefully there isn't and you can continue with accutane.

Good luck!

And Wynne I just realised that you have become a moderator. Congrats! :clap:

Oh shit... I feel a real fool today. I went out last night for one drink after work that turned into a bender that went on till 7am with copious amounts of alcohol and cocaine.

I can’t believe I was so stupid to abuse my body in that way whilst on accutane anyway!

I am now not only having a come down from hell but my acne is terrible- really red and inflamed and I am worried about what damage I have done to my liver long term.

I have been on 40mg for two days and previous to that was taking 20mg for 2 weeks. I weigh 50 kg.

Has anyone else ever got a bit messed up whilst on accutane? I am so worried about what I have done to myself- should I be?

Yes we all know that drugs and binge drinking are bad for you and I will not be silly enough to take it/drink it again whilst on accutane.

Binge drinking is a British youth culture thing unfortunately. Sometimes you just need to get wrecked. Some call it escapism I suppose. Skin is suffering big time now though- I didn’t know that booze/drugs could play such havoc with your skin.

Yes we all know that drugs and binge drinking are bad for you and I will not be silly enough to take it/drink it again whilst on accutane.

Binge drinking is a British youth culture thing unfortunately. Sometimes you just need to get wrecked. Some call it escapism I suppose. Skin is suffering big time now though- I didn’t know that booze/drugs could play such havoc with your skin.

I can't believe you guys talk about taking cocaine as if it's candy. What's the point in drugs seriously. The worst I do is maybe a beer or glass of wine and that's at social places and just a little bit to loosen up. Start working out or get into a sport and appreciate your body.

hey to the OP its obviusly not a wise decision to take cocaine and drink alcohol whilst on accutane nor is it a good idea to take it normally, im not interested in drugs personally but i still drink in moderation for the simple fact that im trying to carry on life as normal, sometimes i feel so crap whilst on accutane and just want to stay in, lately ive been going to the pub with friends and doing what i do pre accutane.

I can't believe you guys talk about taking cocaine as if it's candy. What's the point in drugs seriously. The worst I do is maybe a beer or glass of wine and that's at social places and just a little bit to loosen up. Start working out or get into a sport and appreciate your body.

Ok, the first thing you'll wanna do is get off accutane temporarily, and give your liver a chance to heal itself. Then I'd recommend taking a blood test. If it comes out real bad, you might even have to stop accutane.

By the way, if this somehow results into permanent side effects, it's your fault, not accutane.

When you're far enough into the drug culture the types of drugs and amount you take don't matter anymore. LSD and Ecstasy are taken like candy by my friends now, where they'll munch a few tabs or something and have a good time. The type of drug never really matters as long as the high was good enough. Unlike casual dippers into the drugs, we don't do it to be noticed or to stand-out or simply to "loosen up", we do it to actually enjoy the effects of the trip and state of mind.

Sorry OP I don't have much info on the coke and exactly how it functions within your body but the alcohol is definitely a no. Try taking other less harmful drugs if you continue (try looking up erowid for ones you enjoy and see if they're harmful/harmless to the liver).